A3 - 16months & 38,000+ miles update
As you will see I'm not a regular poster on the forum - but thought i would give my perspective of the Audi A3 140 Sline Sportback experience so far....
I've commented on my first service in another thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-s...ml#post1728871 and all seemed well other than corrision on the disc shoulders at 7 months, yes Audi repainted them under warranty and at the time i pointed out this should fixed the problem.... guess what @ 38,000 it was back with the calipers now showing corrision....... poor show!
Here are my good and bad points:
+ Seems built well, solid door shuts and plastics
+ Standard S line radio is not that bad
+ Aux works well with ipod
+ Engine best on motorways or 50mph
+ I dont mind tall gearing
+ not used any oil consumption
+ not broken down
+ new A3 dont look much different to mine
- Like to stall when hot (DMF?)
- sounds like bag of nails when hot, say london to bradford drive (DMF?)
- economy could be better (im getting 54MPG)
- eats front tyre at 27k and im not Jenson Button!
- Audi dealer service @ 38k was awful, would not consider the stalling or sounding like nails and 9mile test drive could not show fault
- Would not move off drivway in snow (putting down to front end weigh and sports tyres)
- Poor quality of discs and brake calipers.... seen loads of Audi with same corrison fault
So thats it....... will i be geting another....... most probably not if im honest