2004 2.0 fsi wont start advice..plus a few other questions
I'm new here, searching the web for an A3 forum I think this looks a good one. I got an 2004 Audi A3 in October last year it's the 2.0 FSI.
I'm having a problem with it at the moment it's not starting. Since, shortly after I bought it, it would take two turns off the key to first get it started.
Turn the key once, and it didn't quite make it to start up, take the key out and put it back in and then it would start. That was happening quite regularly.
1) For the last 2 or 3 days my car won't start up. The electrics will come on. but when I try my usual trick to start it up it doesn't work after the first step. I now here a fast sound that sounds like fuses or something blow really fast. I had abit of a search and guessing it could be the relays making that noise? I then got a message on the dash that said "Battery Low" I think
2) Does it sound like I need a new battery or could it be something else? if it's the battery could you let me know where I could get one on-line. I have a RNS-E and a phone was already installed when I bought it so I'm guessing I would want a slightly bigger battery then standard?
3) One other thing that I'm worried about if I change the battery will I need the code for the RNS-E? I have the log book and I have a code in a navigation book that I'm not sure if it's the unlock code for the RNS-E or not. I wouldn't want to stop my system from working.
4) I would appreciate if somebody could let me know where the unlock code is or roughly how many digits it consists off so I can have a proper look for it in the documents that I have.
5) Sorry one more thing that I have been wondering about the dash computer display (has that got a name?) says that my MPG is about 21.5. That sounds quite low I was just wondering if that was usual for my car? or is there any way that I can improve that?
Sorry for all the questions, I might as well get most of them out at once lol.. appreciate any help