Welcome Back

Great to have the site back! The best audi forum has returned! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The site looks good and alreayd hs a lot of the forums back. What are the chances of getting out status back? I was only a lowly 380 posts so not as god like as su=ome but it would be nice to have a few stars and be called something other than a stranger (got to be a gag there) In T Smoke I am

[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 08/07/02

[/ QUOTE ]

So lets all start posting and get all the info back up to make this the No 1 Resource!

Wahoo...
I can post at last. Been trying to since 4 this morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Welcome back to one and all...
Cheers
Mick

[ QUOTE ]
CFCmick

[/ QUOTE ]

With that user name Mick, you sound illegal....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Do you want me to explain !!!

Might be something to do with being chilled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Reactions: guzzy_431
Welcome one and all. Seems like a nice place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, Welcome back John!! Site is looking good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Congratulations on getting the site back up.

Looking forward to getting back to normal.

oops belatedly well done !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad to have the forum back! and glad to re register! lets hope it a good new year....! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now then John - you know that blanket posting "my audi site is up and running" on other Audi sites is a good way of annoying other web-site owners/admins! tut tut.

I've made a subtle post on Audiworld though.

AL

Hi All I have a problem with my A8 2005 D3 3.0 TDI. My battery recently got drained by a light staying on overnight. So tried to jump start it as I have before without problem. However this time the car kind of lost the plot soon as I put the key in if started trying to start without me turning but wouldn't release the key from the ignition I had to use a pin in the hole next to the ignition to release it which didn't stop the lights flashing off and on in the end I had to disconnect the leads. Rather alarmingly as I went to disconnect the leads I noticed my brand new jump leads on fire!! Fortunately there was nothing visibly burnt but no idea if I've damaged anything internally. I disconnected the battery and recharged it with my home charger refitted it but same result with lights and ignition not releasing key and turning over soon as I put key in? I'm at a total loss any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Axell

I'm baffled how this hasn't been reported? (Just happened to spot it)

Clearly it's only affecting very few of you - @badfelafel's post being several days since the last couple of occurrences.

I'd be grateful of some more detail so I can investigate what's going on. Are you searching specific forums (i.e. using the search box when browsing a forum (with 'search this forum only' box ticked)), or some other way? What terms are you searching for? Are you using any additional options to narrow the scope of search (thread titles only, specific users, date ranges etc.)?

Apologies this is causing headaches for some of you; hopefully we can chase-down what's going on and put it right.

Thanks,

Rob.

If it helps, I am using tapatalk on my phone. If I search specific forums I get no results for anything, but if I search from the top it brings me here. The search works with other forums.

Ahhh... Tapatalk!

[Issue replicated here]

At the moment, it's a hunch, but I imagine Tapatalk doesn't know how to deal with the discrete search software we're running [it's an industry standard engine which offers extended functionality and improved performance]. I'll make sure this is brought to their attention and report back when there's news.

Thanks for your patience folks, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Rob.

UPDATE: I've done some work overnight tonight which seems to have resolved this issue - certainly testing Tapatalk on the phone & tablet I have here results in working searches.

Please let me know if you're still having problems (either reply here or send me a PM (private conversation)).

Thanks,

Rob.