Advice/recommendations for a beginner
Just bought my first car A3 1.8T and my first head unit (fisher price:biggrin: )
The factory fitted system included a tiny sub which didnt sound too bad but the head unit wouldn't play MP3's which is why I decided to replace. Now the sub no longer works which makes the system as a whole sound dull.
I've been checking out package deals online but haven't a clue what to look for due to the range out there. All I know is that i'd like a 12" Sub and a decent amp.
I mostly listen to DnB and Dub/dubstep (30Hz bass) and have a budget of around £250-£300.
All the techincal talk on this forum has confused me even more.
Can someone please help answer the following questions.
1. Which box should I be looking at ported/sealed?
2. What does tuning a box mean? I've read that people have their boxes tuned to e.g 30hz...is this to do with the filter on the amp? and will this still need to be done if I get a sub which is already boxed?
3. I understand I need a monoblock amp? Any recomendations
4. What should I look for in a sub? Ohms etcs... and any recommendations
5. What is the function of a power cap and will I need one?
6. The cd changer above the sub no longer works is there a way of connecting this to my new headunit (JVC KD-LHX552)? I forgot to take the cd magazine out before i removed the factory head unit!
Also the new headunit has some feedback or a humming sound at low volumes and was told by the guy who installed it that it was a problem with A3's, is this true or was I fobbed off? the workaround he suggested was to run the back speakers off a separate amp. Its not really a problem as it disappears when i turn the volume past 10.
Are there any recommended online stores I can check for package deals.
Thanks in advance guys