Questions on the A3 before I collect the car tomorrow.
This forum has been a really useful resource for me over the past couple of months, from negotiating a discount to dealership quality and technical aspects of the car. I placed my order for an A3 back in July and tomorrow I am picking it up... really exciting for for me as it is going to be my very first Audi.
I have been through another thread about snagging issues for the cars, but I still have some questions:
1. When I pick the car up, what is the expected milage for this car... less than 15 miles, is that realistic?
2. Paint works... is there a way that I can tell if the car had any remedial paint job done by the dealership to cover those bumps and accidents through the transport and PDI processes?
3. I haven't bought the LifeShine protection package with the dealer, but seriously considering taking the car somewhere to do it... is it easy enough for me to do that carefully by myself or should I go to a detailer?
4. I have an iPhone 5, so I should ask for the Red Collar AMI cable, right? Should they give me both Red and Blue collar AMI or just one of the two types?
5. I haven't bought a separate data SIM card (the Audi uses a microSIM, right?) for the car yet, but I was thinking of just tethering my phone 3G internet with the car so that the hotspot in the car is connected to the net via my phone... is that possible at all?
6. Have anyone managed to easily play music videos (those DRM-free ones) bought from iTunes Stores on the MMI display?
7. With the Side Assist, Lane Assist and Adapted Cruise Control, does the car need to be on a certain type of road (motorway, dual carriageway), or be at a certain speed for it to autimatically steer slightly left/right for you (I assume that it will still require that my hands are still on the steering wheel)?
8. I intend to just jet wash the car myself in a petrol station and just let it dry up by itself as I drive it home. No waxing,or sponge or chamois leather, except for maybe once or twice a year. Will this lead to any long-term damage to the paint work or the car itself?
9. I have no previous experience with a diesel car before, and I drive mostly in urban areas. What are the issues that I should look out for, particularly concerning the diesel particulate filter?
10. Some of the friends I know refuse to go to supermarket petrol stations to fill up their cars. Would you recommend that I avoid using supermarket petrol station diesel as well?
11. Can I assume that if there is any issue with the A3, I can head over to any of the Audi dealerships and they should provide similar service under warranty for free and I need not go back to the dealership where I bought the car from, right?
12. Any other things that I should look out for when I collect the car tomorrow?