1.9tdi 130 Air con Issues!
Hi everyone, I bought my 02 1.9tdi 130 sport avant A4 in November so didnt worry about the aircon at the time! After this lovely spot of weather we have been having i have noticed that the Air con is pretty non existent! So I took advantage of Salisbury Audi's cheap regas offer (£29). I drove back to work in it today and still nothing!! Arse!!
Took a look at the forum and it seems this may be a common issue!
My Econ light works fine
My evaporator fan doesnt come on when the ac is switched on and off
The Compressor clutch doesnt seem to visually move of make any noise when switched on or off
The Engine revs do not change when switched on and off.
Annoyed at Audi for not noticing the fault when theyre website states that they carry out the following checks when carrying out a airconditioning refresh!
- Measure the cabin temperature and operating pressures
- Check system operating functions and refrigerant for contaminates
- Recover the system contents, separating refrigerant and oil.
- Create a vacuum to evaporate any moisture and check for leaks
Surely they should notice the AC isnt working.
- Re-charge the system with the appropriate weight of refrigerant and lubricant
- Add a UV dye (where necessary) to show up any future leaks when subjected to ultra violet light
- Treat the evaporator to an anti-bacterial clean, eliminating bacteria and any unpleasant odours
- Replace the pollen filter
I will be calling them after this to quesion the procedures, but I would also love to hear your opinions on the matter
It looks like someone at heritage Audi Salisbury has realised their mistake in the pricing and description of the Air Con Refresh and the website changed at 1525hrs today, still waiting for a chat with them directly!!
Cheeky gits, luckily i print screened the before and after description!!