So I bought this short shifter kit:
The listing says 1996-2003... the box said 2001-2003...
So after ripping my current shifter apart, imagine by disappointment to find a number of differences and problems...
- Short shifter has a bend; stock shifter is straight
- Short shifter uses push-on knob; stock is screw-on
- Supplied bolt to attach stick to joint does not fit through the drilled holes in one side of the joint
- NO INSTRUCTIONS
- Came with loads of plastic bits not present in the stock shifter
- Stock plastic "ball" has a large plastic bit which touches plastic dampers to stop it from clunking; not transferable to the new shifter
After dismantling the old one and loosing the springs which fly everywhere I somehow managed to find them and reassemble the old shifter although my Redneck circlip installation technique means I will have to sort it out pretty soon.
I am not happy. Can anybody recommend a short shifter that WILL fit my car and which DOES come with instructions?