To Break or Sell? That is the question...
Here's my dilemma, I'm not sure wether to break my Audi for parts or sell it as a whole. I'll copy and paste the ad here and see what you lads think really! I know I will NEVER get the money back it owes me (Probably around £1800 all in) but it seems a shame to strip this car for parts.
[quote name='Jason_E' timestamp='1320703575' post='4055101']
Literally just need this gone as it's sitting there doing nothing, so first off is price £Offers. To comply with the forum rules I'm looking for about a grand.
I bought the car a couple of months ago, then almost immediatly got a good job that requires a commute so bought a Bora TDI. Now this has been sitting on my grans driveway waiting for a new home...
- Cream leather, in good Condition (could do with a clean).
- Climate control
- Tax and MOT left (about 3-4 months, will double check)
- Lovely straight car bodywork wise
- Facelift model.
- Standard, unmolested.
- Recent detail, so the paint is silky smooth.
- New brake discs up front.
- New brake line on rear.
- New air and cabin filter.
- New rocker cover gasket
- Comes with Parts: New CV Joint, Oil filter, and Fuel filter.
- No bits of trim missing, bit rare on a B5!
- Needs a clean again, been sitting for a few weeks.
- Some form of leak from the engine. There was an oil leak from the rocker cover, but I sorted that. So I think the puddle is oil dripping from the splash guard (previously leaked oil) but I cant be sure so don't want to be accused of hiding problems.
- Needs a new cv joint/boot fitted. I have the part, just haven't had the chance to fit it.
- Needs Oil and Fuel filter change, again I have these for the new owner.
- Central locking pump is dead, common problem and easy to replace if it bothers you.
- Radio needs coding.
- Scrape on the rear bumper, not too big.
- Faded computer screen, again a real common problem that most wouldn't mention but I am honest!
- Small hole in the exhaust somewhere, if I'm honest it neve bothered me as the V6 sounds awesome. ^_^
- Needs a jump to get going, so I'm thinking a new battery could be in order!
DSC_0012 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr
DSC_0016 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr
DSC_0015 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr
DSC_0014 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr
Located near Oxford. Just email/PM me if you're interested.
I don't know if it's worth my time trying to sell the car as a whole anymore. :(
BTW, this isn't some cheap way of getting my ad around. Looking for genuine advice here. Thanks! :)