hello, just a bought stolen/recovered 1999 1.8t quattro saloon and it has a few things wrong with it, any info would be greatly appreciated
1. grinding noise from rear above 40mph goes when changing direction, does this sound like a wheel bearing? (i hope so)
2. has wrong c/l pump no remote function (checked with vag-com), anyone know last letter on pump that should be fitted?
3. need new seats, no airbags fitted in ones in at mo. i think it should have half leather, but fixed or split folding rear bench? dont think ill find original seats anywhere so will avant seats fit or just saloon
4. needs wheels, anyone know what size tyres and the offset of original 17" wheels ?, fitted with 15"s at mo and they look silly!!!
5. finally how is the extra bhp (180) acheived, engine internals or management, what will they chip to
car was a impulse ebay purchase, i already own 2 b5's, but always wanted a quattro, car drives perfectly apart from noise and clock says 48k so hopefully ive got a bargain, thanks in advance for any help