Thinking about getting an S3, shock horror LOL. A few Qís
OK some of you will think Iím mad for contemplating selling my A3 after the time effort and money Iíve spent on it, but Iíve always liked the S3. Before I couldnít get insured on oen, and the final few mods I was planning to do on mine will cost big money (Engine and interior re-trim). Also at the end of the day it will still be FWD and not 4WD!
So I think itís time to maybe move onto the S3 :) Also had a quote for changing insurance on mine and it works out cheaper then my A3, due to how heavily modded it is LOL (A lot of companies wonít touch it)
I know Iíll end up modding it, but not like the A3. I think wheels, suspension, exhaust and chip will do me fine.
So my Qís
1) Some of you guys have gone from A3 1.8T's to S3's. What the change over like?
2) What is the best 225BHP engine to go for? Iíve heard BAM and AQX mentioned a few times in the past.
3) What other running costs are involved apart from Cambelt and general servicing? (I know thereís the Haldex 4WD, but how many thousand miles for a service? Also cost?)
4) What sort of mileage are these cars good for? Mineís only done 62K in 8 years, but a lot of newer ones are on 80K+
5) Anything else I need to consider?