Still chasing a front left knocking / squeeking - also front seat removal
So, quick question first. My front passenger seat rattles. I can see the bolt that has sheared, yet no way to get to it with the seat in the car, so want to take it out. It's the electric recaro with airbag but no heating. Can't find a guide for how to remove the seat. I had a go but failed, and ELSAwin just basically says "take it out" lol. Any help appreciated.
Second (and much more annoying) question is this. I've had a knocking noise from the front left for months now and I've been chasing it around. The symptoms are: it only happens under braking (maybe a barely audible squeeking under normal driving, but very hard to hear above engine/road noise etc); when braking at high speed I get a squeeking noise at the same RPM as the wheel is spinning; once I get down to lower speeds it turns into a more heavy knocking/squelching noise and I can feel it through the brake pedal; braking heavily doesn't feel nice but I don't get any squeeks.
So, I think something is moving around under braking. Here is the list of what I have done so far to try and eliminate the noise. When I've done all of this, the car feels a little better (sometimes the squeeking goes away) for maybe a few miles, then it returns to normal.
1) Switched wheels around - squeeking still coming from same place
2) Switched discs around and checked discs for warping - squeeking still coming from same place
3) Took apart both sides calipers, checked brake pads, re-greased everything - squeeking still coming from same place
4) Replaced all front wishbone bushes with PU Powerflex - car felt better, but still squeeking
5) Replaced top mounts - same
6) Replaced front left Hub - same
7) Replaced front left wheel bearing - same
8) Replaced front left driveshaft (gaiter was split for months anyway) - same
9) Replaced ball joints for Lemforder units - almost felt worse at first, but then settled back down to normal
10) Replaced front ARB bushes for PU Powerflex - car felt better for a few miles, then back to normal
Things I have left to do
1) Replace droplinks
2) Replace top mount bearings (didn't realize these existed so didn't change them while doing top mounts before)
3) Replace track rods
4) Replace entire shock?
5) Bleed brakes??
6) Bleed master cylinder??
7) Check master cylinder for movement??
8) Check gearbox mounts?? Perhaps the whole gbox is swinging on one side and moving the driveshaft around?
Sooooo, yeah i'm getting to the point where I've almost replaced all the suspension components on the front left!! Any ideas guys? Getting properly frustrating :S Really want to get this sorted so I can move on to catch can install and turbo seals replacement