New S3 Owner - Few simple Q's!
New to the forum (have posted in the welcome section!) and Audi ownership with a 2001 154Kw 8L S3 and apart from being thrilled to pieces with it there are a couple of relatively straight forward questions that I could do with your knowledge on!
Firstly, I'm a complete noob with Turbo engines so forgive me if there are a couple of moron-level questions!
1. Should I be able to hear the turbo spooling up whilst driving - it's like a whistling noise?
2. It has a 710N DV - should this make a stuttered whooshing noise or a constant whoosh when changing gear on boost? Should I even be able to hear it at all? (though it is only audible with the passenger window open)
3. The drivers side headlight comes up to normal level when turned on then slowly dips itself while driving to point at the floor. I have read the threads on here regarding level sensors but could you confirm the location of the one i need to replace and whether it will need recalibrating by Audi once fitted?
4. Any idea what would be squeaking under the front of the car whilst driving? It is definitely suspension related but the car has recently had new top mounts both sides and new lower ball joints. Is there a common failing bush on the front of these cars or do I need to go down the expensive garage investigation route?
5. The wheel bearings on the N/S are rumbling, I think it's the front wheel but can't be sure without further investigation. Are these garage only fitment or can they be done by a competent home mechanic with a bench press?
6. Lastly, does anyone else have an iPod lead connected to their Concert head unit? Mine has one but it doesn't seem to play anything through it when plugged in. It cancels out the radio when I plug in but nothing more.
Any help/advice will be gratefully received!