Hi all, picked up my first A3 a couple of weeks ago, i love it but need some advice.
First, it's a 5 doors, V reg, 99, 1.8 T Sport Quattro, 180BHP, 49k miles. Bought for £2300, was that a good deal or what ?
Just had it service from Audi Coulsdon and they've "recommended" quite a lot of work, so here comes the bad bits:
Do these prices seem excessive to you? do i need everything done? if yes is there a cheaper way ?
- Cambelt was changed at some point (i don't know when) but not by Audi . there appears to be some small oil leak nearby so they say i should have it changed + water pump + other belt for £550.
- mid exhaust bracket broken £70
- screenwash bottle leaking so should be changed (incl. headlight pump) £170. although it seems that they tightened it, filled it up and it stopped leaking !
- front driver side arm & tie rod end has too much play, should be changed at £492 !!! although car steers ok and i can't feel any play/wobble or pulling to one side. is that safe?
- extra key + transponder programmed and cut £170
the thing that concerns me most is the oil by the cambelt, what could be the cause and how much extra are they likely to charge me? (they started talking about gasket or smthg). heard people talking about metal water pump, what's that ?
Any help, tips, suggestions would be welcome.