Just bought an S3 but there are a couple of niggles...
I've owned my S3 2 weeks tomorrow (20/03) and so far it has been excellent. I don't know a lot about these cars so I'll list off the concerns I have and the few niggles I want to address.
- The car has 133k miles on the clock and has a good service history at the same garage for most of its life (it is due a service now). Is there anything common to watch for in the engine bay or sounds to listen for?
- When the engine is cold and at very low revs, it judders a bit. Is this normal? First thing in the morning when coming off the drive way and on full lock it is the worst.
- I know this is common issue. A couple of my console buttons are worn and look rubbish! I won't use a marker as that won't look good but have seen a post that talked about paint. Has anyone painted them and do they look standard again?
- The driver's seat right bolster squeaks constantly. It does my head in but I can't seem to stop it doing so! Any ideas?
- There is a slight rattle when the engine is cold which I believe to be a heat shield. Is this common? It isn't all the time.
- The turbo is pretty loud when you really stick your foot down. It sounds great but I've never heard a standard car with such a loud sucking noise. Anything to worry about?
I can't think of anything more at the moment.