Help with VAG-COM figures please...
Evening folks. I recently replaced the turbo on my S3 (APY, Custom Code Stage One) - only a new standard K04. Performance was great initially but has dropped off, so would appreciate any advice.
The difference was unreal for the first week or so. It felt so responsive throughout the rev range. It was boosting really strong from almost as low as 2K revs, turbo was so loud, and pulling really strong consistently up to 6K revs without any feeling of dropping off. It was strong in all gears, even 5th gear felt really strong and torquey.
But after a week or two the performance has dropped off. It went from being really responsive throught the rev range, to being really a lot duller. It takes until late 2K to 3K before you really feel the boost, and it's nowhere near as strong as before with regards both the initial punch when it kicks in, and how it holds boost up to 6K revs. It feels nowhere near as strong in higher gears, 4th & 5th, like it did initially.
Unfortunately I never got around to logging the car in the first week or two. But now I've gotten around to logging here are my figures below.
Can anyone spot anything amiss here?
* Block 002 - MAF seems good, peaking near 210 g/s
* Block 032 - Not sure how to interpret this. I did a throttle body realignment before the runs with VAG-COM
* Block 020 - There doesn't seem to be much CF here. Apparently below 3 is fine?
* Block 116 - Not sure how to interpret this - but understand that near 100% until boost maxs is meant to be good, which mine is doing
* Block 115 - It's peaking near 1.5mbar around 4K revs, but only holding 1.2mbar (I'm just taking away 1mbar for atmospheric pressure, not sure if this is correct, but relative figures still apply obviously)
All runs done in 3rd gear...
Blocks 020, 115, 118
Blocks 002, 032, 115