Changing my haldex controller!
Hello people of Merkovo!
As many already know, I bought jojo's s3 without the haldex working. We sourced it to a faulty haldex controller so changing it would be the best thing to do.. Joe managed to source one but the guy he got it off cut the wires so I had to take my controller off on the car currently and snip the wires to rejoin, either way the old one didnt work so not really too bothered about that. Sadly no pics of my handy soldering job with the wires (not pretty either) but putting the controllers side to side, there are some differences, may be due to some improvement to the design of some sort:
The one on the left was the one that we didnt know worked or not (the new one) and the one on the right is the one that was on the car.. The gaskets are different although you could use the metal one for both but the left one has a grove for the o-ring where the one on the right hasnt, its just a flat surface. i decided to use the o-ring still as it was in good condition and i didnt want to risk any leaks.. lost enough oil as it is so a haldex oil change is due now.. Yet to put it on the car, only just secured it on to stop it leaking oil out. will get some gasket seal just to be sure, then i'll apply it and see if i have 4wd! shall post tomorrow once i have done!