Another 8L Track Car - Lets get ready to 'Ruuuuuuuumble'!
As all of you are aware - I currently am not an Audi owner, which is a bit strange for me after 5 years with 2 different 8Ls.
So, my plans to rectify this are pretty straightforward. Myself and my brother have decided that a track car is going to be an immense amount of fun.
So, another 8L platform track car it is going to be.
For the purposes of my normal forum wide R&D, I am planning to build this engine completely out of parts sourced from ebay. Project aims:
- Testing of a different ebay manifold
- Testing of an ebay external wastegate setup
- Testing of a dodgy chinese sub £200 turbo
- Testing of Chinese nobby no brand H Beam rods.
- Create a FWD track car with around 325 - 350 BHP at reasonable (?) boost
- Abuse car and attempt not to crash
I expect the usual pitfalls, problems and irritations along the way, as per all VAG projects. I am planning immediately to outlay about £2000 -£3000 over the next 6 months to complete the build.
I'm looking forward to getting cooking on this to be fair, a new project excites me and as most of you know I am 100% incapable of sitting on my hands for more than around 5 - 6 minutes. And I have a big wad of cash too for a change.
I have lots of planning to do as I want to plan exactly what I want before I start.
Step 1. Source an 8L 1.8T Sport for £500 or less.