How many cars have you owned?
A nice trip down memory lane. I started driving aged 18.
1. Hillman Avenger 1600, while I was a student. Great first car.
2. Vauxhall Viva, bought off a friend for £100, bombproof build but couldn't overtake a milkfloat.
3. Lancia Beta Spyder in Corsa Red. Looked great, stopped poorly; so uprated suspension and brakes. Kept on breaking and rusted badly. Gave it away cheaply to a man who wanted to restore it. Should have kept it and done it myself, might still have had it today.
4. VW Golf mark 2, 1.8 8v. Only brand new car I have ever bought. Fantastic. Did 110,000 miles in 10 years.
5. VW Passat 1.8 20v turbo sport. Handling v.poor compared to Golf, even with this version.
6. Mercedes C200 Sport estate. My wife loved it, handling good for stock car, engine underpowered. Should have kept this one longer.
7. Mercedes E220 cdi estate. Swapped the previous merc for this. Great load carrier, goes well, can get 45 mpg on motorway!
8. Mercedes A160L. My wife's car. Great for shopping, taking kids to school, lots of interior room. Poor drive.
9. Audi 3.0L quattro cabriolet tiptronic. The car that has brought me to Audi-Sport.net. LOVE IT. So do the wife and kids! Bought off a neighbour recently. Have had the bodywork tarted up, and need to do a thorough valeting. Took it to Spain/France recently and drove like a dream. Would like to upgrade brakes. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
10. Mercedes B200 cdi multitronic. To replace the A and E class. I get it next week. Loads of room inside the car and in the boot. Will be the 'family' car.
One day I'd like an S8 and if I win the lottery an R8.