Ok so after my company decided to collapse last month(nice of them) and i lost my company car, i am now employed again and dont need to drive to work as i can get a train.
I get a nice company car allowance but its purely a privilege and there are no requirements for me to get a newish car or even drive it to work.
I'm gonna spend about £1500 sometime over the next few weeks and save up the money every month, so i'm lookin at a few options and maybe you can all give me some ideas and or pointers.
So far my shortlist is
1. N/a Mr2 - had a turbo loved it and would like a nice little n/a to run about in, but then again i've had one already.
2. 306 Gti-6/Xsi - Love em to drive but would be worried about reliability and the stupid way the french putting things together meaning i couldnt do alot of the work myself
3. Civic Vti - i know i might struggle to find a decent one for this money
4. mk3 GTI 16v - always been interested in these but not sure it'd really do it for me, might be bored of it in a month.
5. Just get a grip and take a lease astra 3 door cdti for £190+VAt over 2 years(boring option)
The car wont go very far at all, be lucky if it covers 10k a year.