BMW E28 M535i Legacy Restoration Project
Hey people, I thought I would create a new thread for this project for those who may be interested - I know this is an Audi forum but I know that some of you appreciate a good track car regardless of badge snobbery.
So lets begin:
Car is a BMW E28 M535i registered in 1984. The BMW boasts 218BHP, which has probably reclined back a little to near 200BHP due to the cars age etc...
The 3.4 naturally aspirated engine really revs and the cars engine is in mint condition. The cars bodywork is about average with some rust spots in structural areas that need immediate attention to make road safe and track safe.
Restoration is as follows:
• Drop engine.
• Strip car.
• Get car on a pivot and restore, rebuild, chassis - cut and weld where necessary.
• Install roll cage and anti roll bars etc.
• New steering rack, pinion, suspension, track rods etc.
• New brake pads and discs.
• Re-spray in Alpina white and original M power Red & Blue decals
• New engine head and rebuild bottom block, Sandblast other engine components that are in good condition.
• Reassemble engine.
• Restore interior components.
• Re-wire the electrics.
• MOT, for road and track use.