Akoya A3 3.2 quattro s line...
Not long had the new motor and very pleased with it I am. It's a 2005 '54 plate 3 door with one or two toys, half leather interior, tint pack. Loving the 6 speed manual aswell, always wanted another since having a Nissan S15 with one :)
Here's the state of play from day 1;
I'm a sucker for modding things though, and despite the fact I have to wait until I've moved house until I can do anything, I'm itching to get started :laugh:
My intentions here are to maximise the GT qualities of the car, so the plans will mainly be for subtle stuff - no going mad with this one! Here's what I have in mind thus far;
* 8P2 facelift front and rear s line bumpers, possibly black grill, might leave it chrome
* Updated projector lights - liking the look of the latest A4 style projector DRL lights
* Updated rear lights - probably the MY11s to match the tints
* Eibach Pro Kit springs to lower it a bit, though not too much ;)
* Wheels - S4 style, the split 7 spoke design, not sure of their name. Will keep current ones as winter wheels
* Interior retrim - replace cloth centres/doorcards with alcantara
* Update the soundsystem - probably just one of the later A3 head units so I can plug in my ipod, add a sub
* Cat back exhaust, performance panel filter, remap (APR is looking favourable) - make the most of the v6 soundsystem :rock:
Currently has BOSE and the old Symphony double din headunit with tape deck :ohmy: Have seen the Concert headunits on ebay for reasonable money - would it be a simple swap and do the later units have the ability to run a sub and plug in an mp3 player - not fussed for specific ipod control, just want to be able to plug it in and play it through the system. Any advice appreciated.
As I say, this is dependant on my pending housemove so probably wont budge much for a few months, looking forward to the summer to crack on :arco: