What diesel would you recommend for £3k?
I've got £3000 to spend on a second car for commuting, and I'm looking for inspiration! At the moment, my saved searches on AutoTrader include Audi A3 8L TDI, VW Golf GT TDI, Bora TDI SE, Seat Leon TDI SE and 2004-on Ford Focus TDCI.
The brief is:
Any ideas or reasons for picking one from the above would be appreciated! It's starting to get to me as I spend every day on AutoTrader and eBay...
- Must be as frugal as possible
- Less than 150g/km for £125.00 (or less) road tax
- Reasonably presentable (i.e. not a Kia, Hyundai, Rover etc)
- No French cars
- Few toys wouldn't go amiss
- Performance/handling not important