I have been more of a "background member" until now but really need your advice as you all seem a great bunch of guys.
My father won a car auction on ebay the other day for a Golf gt tdi. 2007 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GT SPORT TDI 170 GREY on eBay (end time 22-Mar-11 19:13:27 GMT)
Anyway we went down today and collected the car, and have returned from the 520 mile round trip. When we got in, my dad was looking at the mot certificate and noticed there was an advisory issued. So i went online to check the history and to my horror discovered that there was an mot certificate issued in August with 133000 miles on the car. The car is only showing 48000 miles and i HPI checked the car before we went to collect it with the report saying "No mileage discrepency is currently indicated by the national mileage register"
Now my question (obviously) is am i in and, ANY!!, position to sort this out? Doesnt hpi.co.uk offer some kind of insurace for this? Also ebay? The car was even provided with the service booklet stamped by dartford volkswagon for 16 and 38 thousand miles only and the 38 thousand mile service was on october 2010.
But then i did another hpi check on mycarcheck.com and this came up:
We have the following mileages recorded for this registration:
Any help appreciated.
- 132,723 miles recorded on 26 Aug 2010
- 131,304 miles recorded on 16 Aug 2010
- 118,227 miles recorded on 14 Apr 2010
- 117,148 miles recorded on 6 Apr 2010
- 110,560 miles recorded on 11 Feb 2010
- 108,207 miles recorded on 29 Dec 2009
- 97,875 miles recorded on 28 Sep 2009
- 80,203 miles recorded on 11 May 2009
- 78,757 miles recorded on 20 Apr 2009
- 76,038 miles recorded on 7 Apr 2009
- 58,778 miles recorded on 14 Nov 2008
- 39,185 miles recorded on 25 Jun 2008
- 20,523 miles recorded on 1 Feb 2008
PS i have a 2002 s3, that is why you guys are unlucky enough to be reading this :)