My Old Astra VXR Nurburgring #353
Quick and reasonably capable yes. Cool I think is stretching things (based on standard car as puctures don't display at work).
But it's a personal thing......
Yes, you're right Buddy, it's very much a personal thing. My car was a wee bit different from a standard VXR, not everyone would consider it cool, but a lot of die hard Vauxhall fans do to this day, as did the photographer on the day of the magazine shoot, who usually works for Classic Ford mag. It was my baby and I loved it to bits. :) Paula x
Factory Options -
- Climate control
- Cruise control
- Sight & Light (automatic lights, wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror)
- Heated power folding mirrors.
- Carbon fibre rear diffuser
- Carbon fibre tailgate handle
- Carbon fibre spoiler
- Carbon fibre front splitter
- Carbon fibre mirror covers
- Carbon fibre fog light surrounds
- One off carbon dipped bump strips
- Gloss black roof
- Corsa VXR side indicator surrounds
- Custom VXR Badges
- Debadged rear
- Carbon wrapped strips under windows
- Rare Steinmetz front radiator grille
- XP2 lower grille
- Hella BiXenon Headlights
- Philips Diamond Vision 5000K
- PIAA LED sidelights
- LED fog light bulbs
- VX Insignia washer jets
- Rear parking sensors
- Honda S2000 shorter antenna
- Leather armrest
- VXR floor mats
- Upgraded colour info display (CID)
- Full blue SMD Conversion (interior lights and dash lights)
- Illuminated 'Nurburgring 353' and 'VXR' logos on dash dials
- Carbon fibre interior handles
- Carbon fibre vent surrounds
- Leather VXR seatbelt clip covers
- VXR harness pads.
- Pioneer AVIC HD3II 7" Sat Nav/CD/DVD headunit (with full UK & European maps) incorporating
- Rear view reversing camera incorporated into rear number plate light
- 30GB HDD
- Voice control
* BBS CK001 19" Alloys finished in Anthracite
* Ultrac Vredestein Sessanta 235/19/35 tyres.
* ALCON Advantage Extreme Big Brake Kit with
* 343mm x 32mm ventilated 2 piece floating discs
* Monobloc 4 piston calipers (silver with black Alcon logo)
* Hel braided 'Carbon-look' brake lines
* DOT 5.1 brake fluid.
- DAP Road lowering springs (30mm),
- Whiteline Adjustable Rear Anti Roll Bar (4 settings)
- Koni FSD (Frequency Selective Dampening)
- Scorpion full turbo back 3" non resonated exhaust system with 200 cell sports cat and lifetime guarantee (the standard 2.75" Remus system was replaced due to the further tuning capabilities of a full 3" system)
- Forge Motorsport front mount intercooler with 60mm hardpipes from throttle body to intercooler
- Enlarged throttle body
- NGK Iridium spark plugs
- Forge Motorsport uprated recirculation valve
- Turbo oil restrictor bolt
- Red anodised adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- Courtenay Sport direct route CDTi Airbox kit with red silicone hoses
- K&N uprated panel filter
- Dbilas enlarged air intake
- Regal inlet cam.
- M32 6 Speed manual gearbox
- Quaife ATB Limited Slip Differential
- Uprated gearbox bearings.
Engine Bay -
- Glacier White painted engine cover
- Stainless steel engine cover bolts
- Forge Motorsport alloy coolant tank
- Carbon fibre spark plug cover
- Custom stainless steel airbox cover
- Custom stainless steel battery cover
- Custom stainless steel fusebox cover
- Custom stainless steel relay box cover
- Custom stainless steel cambelt cover
- Custom stainless steel brake fluid reservoir cover
- Custom stainless steel oil breather box cover
- Custom stainless steel fuel rail cover
- Custom stainless steel exhaust manifold heatshield
- Custom aluminium MAF sensor sleeve cover
- Custom aluminium washer bottle cap
- Custom CNC billet oil cap
- Custom CNC billet brake reservoir cap
- Custom CNC billet fuel filler cap
- Custom CNC billet coolant tank cap
- Custom CNC billet power steering fluid cap (all billet caps with Nurburgring logo).
easily one of the best, if not the best vixxer on the road
got a soft spot for vauxhalls :wub:
Lovely looking car there.
Thanks very much guys :wub:
that looks lovely paulie!! awesome! best one ive ever seen!!
Aww, thank you SO much, Ryan. :wub:
Absolutely love it. I want one now.
Cheers Buddy, that means a lot, especially coming from someone who knows his modding stuff as well as you do. :)
Dam that vaux looks the sh*it i must say its beautifull mate, crazy for selling it though
Wow very impressed love the wheels it sits really well on those, dont think iv seen a nicer example than that.
Seriously, why did you sell the VXR? If I had a car like that I wouldn't sell it, id marry it :wub:
I remember seeing that in Total VX at the time. Absolute stunner. Were you at PVS with that as well Paula?
That's an absolutely cracking looking car you had there Paula, and I don't say that lightly as I generally hate Vauxhalls,- Chevette HSR being the exception. It must have been a real wrench to sell that.