Well it's hard not to agree with something that's been so carefully crafted to appeal to everybody that it's completely lost all meaning! This isn't the sort of guff that a political party suitable for running the country should be putting out. It sounds like the sort of pseudo-politics that Cameron pumps out all the time. It's not policy, it's marketing twaddle to seduce the sensationalist tabloid reading morons.
Originally Posted by staz1000
What does that mean? Absolutely nothing! Is that any different from any other party? No, of course everyone wants "the main priority of the police" to be the prevention of crime. Also, punishment isn't the responsibility of the police; it's the courts.
1. We will ensure that the main priority of the police be returned to that of the prevention and punishment of crime, and we will abolish all politically-correct distractions from this mission.
What a laughably impractical suggestion. So PC Plod can keep up with criminals in their Evos can he? Never mind the fact that the standard of driving on our roads is falling, let's reduce the number of traffic police. Great shout.
2. We will return, so far as conditions permit, to traditional foot and bicycle patrol policing and reduce reliance on police cars.
Headline grabbing anyone? It's pretty much universally accepted that the CSA is a complete joke. Is this any reason to vote for the BNP?
3. We will end the legal system's harassment of fathers by means of the Child Support Agency and change the outdated presumption in favour of maternal custody in divorce cases to one of joint custody.
I am completely against the death penalty so there's no way I'm ever going to agree with this.
4. We support the re-introduction of corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals, and the restoration of capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute, as by DNA evidence or being caught red-handed.
So we'll have to pay more tax to plug the gap. Super! None of these points are reasons to vote for the BNP and I feel sorry for the poor misguided fools that do so.
5. We believe in 'Restorative Justice' - all fines imposed by the Courts will be given to the victims not the government. Criminals will be forced to repair any damage they have done in the community.