AS.NET RING TRIP

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
Ok people!

As i've just seen there hasn't been a nurburgring trip mentioned for some time.
And i think its good to start organising a trip and see who/how many/and when people can go!
The sooner people get talkin the more time we have to plan amongst us.
Now i was originally planning on a trip around easter time, possibly good weather, not too hot, nice and early in the year.

If anyone can contribute there plans that would be good, give a good idea when most people would like to go. After checking the ring calender im sure we could have a date set, and a good list of willing stigs.

When i was there this august there was a group of golf guys, so we've got to show our superiority!

all cars, people, comments and suggestions welcome

regards

karl

i wil have mine ready that that time easily.. got a few problems to be sorted, SOUNDS AN EXCELLENT IDEA!! never been and would be a great chance to meet some fellow s3 owners:)

Reactions: Rogue-24-84
I recon I would be up for this if it were at Easter,

Matt

I'm up for it :)
I need to lower & remap before i go though, which shouldn't be too long. I might make a week of it & stay with my French girlfriend then meet you all up on the boarder :yes:

Put me down should hopefully have my brakes on by then and a map to go with it, always wanted to go.

I'm going next week for first time, looking forward to it, should get some laps in Tuesday eve and wednesday morning, although seems a bit of confusion over wednesday opening times. Not specific trip but on hols for week in Mulsanne Valley. Will hopefully do mini report and photos when I return.
I'm a bit nervous as I have previously written a car off on a track day and will have to see if I want to return again.

I'm going next week for first time, looking forward to it, should get some laps in Tuesday eve and wednesday morning, although seems a bit of confusion over wednesday opening times. Not specific trip but on hols for week in Mulsanne Valley. Will hopefully do mini report and photos when I return.
I'm a bit nervous as I have previously written a car off on a track day and will have to see if I want to return again.

How did it go? (thread bump too)

How did it go? (thread bump too)

Finally got around to writing something.......

A week in the Moselle Valley including a visit to the 'Ring.

The car is a standard A6 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro and the only preparation was new discs and pads all round - Brembos and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front and Toyo T1R's all round. Also took out ADAC recovery, just in case.

The week was a good holiday and all turned out ok - cruised from Rotterdam to Moselle valley in about 4 hours, emptied car and drove 50mins to 'Ring. It was packed with German 911's - about 150 - I think the German Porsche club had hired track for the day.

Public were allowed on at 5.15, so bought my ticket for 4 laps, met a guy in the parking area who races Alfas in the UK - he was there with a race prepared 146 and waved as he came past! But later he took his sump out on the karussell.

My good lady came out on first lap as we kept to the right in a bit of a convoy with an old 5 series BMW and an A3 and let all the faster cars past - at the end of this lap she got out (not her thing!) and I went out for second lap - bit faster this time but still over to right. A lot of cars and some bikes were out, many of the RS3's had stayed out for the evening session.

One of the Porsches must have gone off into the Armco as one section of track was coned off to 30kmh while they repaired the Armco, this was only being finally cleared on my third lap.

After this parked car and had a burger - we both needed to cool down.

Went out again and this time got a clear track for about half of the lap - bit faster and using more of the track, caught a couple of cars.

At the end of this lap the oil temp was a bit higher than usual, the UJ at the bottom of the steering column was making horrible noises and I was running out of diesel, so decided to call it a day.

I thought the track was fantastic, thought the car performed very well for a standard motor and will definitely return for another go, maybe with the car chipped!

On the way home came mainly through Germany, on the way down had gone through Belgium, and did quite a few miles at 100 - 120, what the car is actually made for.

Nice writeup cant wait to go, doesnt seem to be alot of intrest at the moment though.

I'd be up for this sometime next year too. Just found out today I'm losing my main job, so hopefully will have another one very soon and I will be very much up for a run to and around the ring!

i'm going from the 29 April to the 2nd of May. anyone from here gunna be there when i'm there ?

as mentioned karl, me and my mate ad may be interested depending on dates etc, so count a fellow s3 and daddy rs4 in :)

oooo this will be fun. no doubt there will be many dates organised as not everyone will be able to go the same time. im more than likely going to go in august, same as i did last year, do a 5 day stint in the week (when its less busy and driveable).
we could do with a list of people definately going and when, so that people can choose which trip they want to join and if they can get any good deals.

1. superkarl - S3 - August - 5 Days

Karl august? thats ages, i will likly to be going in april/may

1. superkarl - S3 - August - 5 Days
2. Breezey- S3 - Anytime (april/may)

I'm goin off last year which was good weather, plus I've got a few jobs to do before hand on the car. If I go and weather is poo I will not be happy! I span first lap because of rain. Only rained one day.
Even if there's a load of people goin different dates people can choose when when and who then. It's too hard to say right it's this date, it can't be decided by one person. When I was there last year there was a gang of about 8 r32's from France I think with big stickers of the forum on the back, that's what I got inspired by. Their has to be loads of people on here that go or want to.

I will definately be up for this, most likely sometime in August would be perfect. But Karl, when you say 5 days, do you mean 5 days at the track? I think that might be a bit much. But if your talking about a little European tour taking in some of the best driving roads around, then I am definately up for it.

Anyone ever checked out Pistonheads' Petrolhead Nirvana tours? Some of them seem fantastic, would love to do the Alpine Tour.

I'd definatly be up for this in my new A1, especially so i can get a better feel to the tuning box thats going to be fitted, better have my Decals by then lol

I think we should start to organise something. There seems like there would be a few people up for this.

Who would be up for a tour of europe including going to the ring? See and drive some of the best roads in the world, and have a blast round the track too.

Would be an idea, as long as its not May time for trying the Stelvio as we tried that when i was on another car club and it was 4-5meteres deep in snow so that was a no go lol

Well, I was thinking August sounds good for me. Maybe go straight from Audis In The Park on the 6th August straight to Calais!

Have no idea about the roads though, but the Stelvio has to be in there. Might be worth having a look at some of the driving tours around and getting ideas from them. Pistonheads' Petrolhead Nirvana do a few great tours, have a look.

Is there anyone else who would be interested in this? Be great if we had like a minimum of 5 or so, but the more cars the better it would be. I have no idea about things like accomodation, so if someone has any experience with doing a driving tour of europe, please feel free to suggest places.

Last edited:
I will definately be up for this, most likely sometime in August would be perfect. But Karl, when you say 5 days, do you mean 5 days at the track? I think that might be a bit much. But if your talking about a little European tour taking in some of the best driving roads around, then I am definately up for it.

Anyone ever checked out Pistonheads' Petrolhead Nirvana tours? Some of them seem fantastic, would love to do the Alpine Tour.

5 days is a perfect amount of time to explore everything, say 2-3 days on track, a day spectating, a day round the F1 paddock etc, its what i did last year and was great to spend a week there. i would have been up for a europe tour but its a little out my budget this year. for more info on a ring trip theres lots of interest in the 8L section!....
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/113005-nurburgring-trip.html

Last edited:
well eveyone, seems prawn and a few others are going there pretty soon, prawn goes alot so if you want someone reliable to start a trip with he's your best bet.

I'll be going this year too around july or August time but I'm not the best with planning things so it'll probably be quite a spontaneous visit ;)

Giz a holler when you do

Giz a holler when you do

Jase It's now looking likely to be in September and I know that a few other ASNers are already going in September too, including Prawn.

The dates the track is open for the weekend to the public is Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th all day. We would be setting off at 6amish Friday 2nd and will arrive in Adenau in the afternoon to enjoy whatever racing is on track. Then it'll be a few beers, meal and an earlyish night for an all day sesh on the saturday. Sunday is another all day sesh and then drive home early Monday morning.

The other alternative is 16th - 19th of September where Sunday and Monday are open all day and we can come back tuesday morning. Take a look here:

Nurburgring calendar and opening times 2011

I'll wait for Prawn to get back from his current trip and I'll talk to him about organising hotel rooms and stuff. If we order a ASN trip though we will have to look into taking some sort of deposit from people. Whenever I've organised Ring trips in the past there's always been people that pull out leaving me with an additional hotel room to fill.

I'm back people :D and it was awesome! I'm very much liking the sound of an ASN trip too!

The first weekend in September is when I had been planning to go again, I've already booked the friday and monday off work even! the track opening times are really good, and it's usually a great weekend to go having been there twice before on that weekend each year.

Having just come back from a trip, I'd definitely advise 3 nights rather than 2, we had to leave late Sunday afternoon, and as a result, due to closures, got almost no laps done on Sunday!

Neil: I'll PM you in a sec, just had a read through as you linked me here.

Best place to stay I reckon would be Hotel Burgstube, we paid E37.50 per night, for a brilliant room including breakfast, in a lovely little pub 500 yards from the track entrance!

Will sort out pics today, and write a trip report, but now, here's a quick vid:

YouTube - Audi a3 nurburgring 08:40 BTG

The GPS signal fades down into foxhole, so the speed lags a bit before the compression, bit apart from those few seconds, it's really accurate.

Tyres at 50psi in this vid (horrid schoolboy error) so shocking grip, hence the lock up into Aremburg, and the sideways moment at kallenhard

Reactions: MartayMcFly
i really really really wish i could go :( spending on the car is ceasing soon as i owe me and my gf a holiday. i wish she condidered the nurburgriung a holiday, she has a focus st too.

i really really really wish i could go :( spending on the car is ceasing soon as i owe me and my gf a holiday. i wish she condidered the nurburgriung a holiday, she has a focus st too.

The trip wont be till the 1st weekend in September Karl so you have a few months to scrape together £500ish. Bring the bird with you if you have to ;)

im well up for this!!!! im going the weekend of the end of july aswell. i lived in germany for nearly 8 years so im taking aload of my mates over to watch the german vln (similar to the touring cars on the saturday) then nordschliefe on the sunday.

ANYONE on here wishing to tag along is more than welcome!!!!