AS.NET RING TRIP

Have now booked ferry think i will leave B&B to nearer the time once i know whos gonna join me what was the B&B the you two booked in the end?

We're all booked into the burgstube hotel but I don't think they have any rooms left now. You may want to get something booked up as there is a bike event on the F1 track the same weekend so hotels will be very busy.

Yeah think I will do if it was just me would have booked months ago but having problems pinning mates down to do things as most of them ain't got a pot to p**s in lol but the main one is a mate with a TT 225 but has been of the road for a while but if all else fails he will jump in with me?
But will definately be coming now one way or another even if I have to camp in a field 

Ok people, do we have any more takers?

I'm going to start putting in some serious track time on Gran Tourismo 5 soon to get used to the track again. If anyone else has a PS3 with GT5 and wants to join me then add my PSN ID (W-E-S-T-L-E) and we can chat online and race together :racer:

Does anyone have a rough idea on numbers? (just curious thats all)

its looking like my mate wont have his tt road worthy in time so think hes going to jump in with me and all other passangers dropped out or wouldn't commit so just me +1

Also have booked a twin room at burgstube don't think they had a lot left only another twin and a single?

Westy has 6 beds booked, which i think he's filled.

I've got myself, my dad, and 2 other mates comming, so that's at least 10 of us. Plus you and your mate is 12. plenty to be a good trip already!

Any more is a bonus really, but we have the makings of a great trip already :)

i've got SO much to do though, from having the car almost ready, I've now got to fit the new gearbox, fit a full cage, paint the whole interior, and fit new seats, as well as upgrade my harnesses to proper a proper 6 point setup.

eek. I'm going to struggle to get it all done in time!

Now that is just rubbing it in. I might have to try and sweet talk the mrs and get the time off work. She might not take to kindly to me buggering off to do it again..... Well worth the agro. I will have to try. Where theres a will theres a way. For all else there is rohypnol.
If I can get the ok then I might have a few mates how could be game. They are not s3 boys tho. DC5 boys. We would crush tho. Vtec just kicked in yoll...... Sorry my turbo kicked in wayyyy before that :D

Very excited too misses is getting very fed up of me talking about it and the car lol, and we have got decent numbersso should be a good trip:beerchug:

I know the feeling got a list as well and only had 3 nights off of work in the last 4 weeks but am collecting bits as usual to then book a week off and fit it all this includes rear bushes and arb as done the front when done the clutch and turbo, 4 tyres and tracked as camber etc is miles out, front mount and then mapped but have been waiting on ah for what seems all eternity so might be copying you westle on the toyo sports??

Going to get some new pads as mine are nearly expired had ds2500 on the front and loved them thinking of putting them on the front again and possibly the back with toyo proxes t1r's (usually what i have) what is your thoughts on pads and tyres? :uhm:

whoa that's some list of jobs to get done in 6 weeks.

I need to strap my Boxster calipers on and i'm set.

You might as well give up with AH mate they are a shambles!

As far as pads and tyres go I cant really comment on the DS3000s as I've never had them but I currently have DS2500s which I used at the ring last year and they were excellent. Tyre wise, Prawn has been raving about the Federal 595 RS-Rs but they are road legal track tyres so might not last that long on the road. My favourite road tyre by far is the Michelin PS3, it's the dogs but expensive.

DS3000's are INSANE!

I had DS2500's on my 312's for years, and they were pretty good pads. I liked them a lot.

DS3000's though, move things on to a whole new level of face aching brilliance.

Sportstractor has DS3000's on his S3 312mm brakes, and even on teh standard brakes, his are simply amazing.

I can't say I've ever rated a pad quite so highly as these. they're properly mind blowing.

As for tyres, the Federal RS-R's seem pretty good from the little testing I've had so far.

reports suggest that they're good in the wet, and offer 95% of the grip of R888's with twice the life span.

Plus they're only 2/3rds the cost too, so I went with them.

I've got to fit my cage, fit new seats, paint interior, and refit gearbox.

bit gutted as I've just been told I'm working this weekend, so that's another weekend lost :(

Cheers for your opinions guys think i will definately be getting ferodo ds again probably 3000 but depends what i can get hold of as not finding many options for my fronts (18z cayenne 6 pots) dont think theres much out there but ebc keep cropping up but definately wont be getting them again if i can help it?

And as for tyres did want something a bit more track orientated but r888 were looking to costly and after reading quite a few reviews think will give the fed's a go where do you get yours from prawn? (camskill out of stock of 225/40/18)

Certinally going to have my work cut out for me but definately gotta give it my best shot decat showed this afternoon so think i'm going to give that a go tommorrow :)

If you want ds3000s speak to TSR performance in bridgewater. They were the cheapest place I could find them. Braking power is awesome but they cost more than the discs, and they make a massive amount of brake dust which absolutely ruins your front wheels.

If you want ds3000s speak to TSR performance in bridgewater. They were the cheapest place I could find them. Braking power is awesome but they cost more than the discs, and they make a massive amount of brake dust which absolutely ruins your front wheels.

The DS2500 are dusty enough are the 3000s even worse? MY front wheels always look anthracite and my rear wheels silver :)

Reactions: Reesy
Can't seem to find a lot for the fronts and apparetly ferodo don't do any performance ones for them? Found one set of pagid ones but they're £475 :faint:

so can't believe i'm thinking of going downt the ebc route for the front (maybe yellows will be different to reds?) :sadlike:

Can't seem to find a lot for the fronts and apparetly ferodo don't do any performance ones for them? Found one set of pagid ones but they're £475 :faint:

so can't believe i'm thinking of going downt the ebc route for the front (maybe yellows will be different to reds?) :sadlike:

Oh no! I cant stand EBC and I went through a set of discs pretty sharpish with yellow stuff on :(

I'm guessing pad choice is an issue of having 6 pots!

My mate has AP 6 pots on his BMW and he managed to source some DS2500s, maybe there just isn't much choice for the Cayenne yet?

I'm not too fussed myself mate, what would others like to do?

If we get the 6am Ferry, we arrive in dunkirk at 0900 french time. Google reckons 3 1/2 hours to MS kart from dunkirk, so assuming a few stops, i'd think we'd arrive for 13:30.

1 hour 10 mins from MS kart to the Ring, so I guess, if we spent an hour at MS kart, we'd still arrive at the Ring at 15:30-1600 which isn't too bad at all really.

Like I said, I'm not too fussed myself, as I'd rather spend the money on Ring laps and beer, but will go with the masses.

Not to fussed but think it could be a good crack if we get a group of us ;)

And at least can have a bit of a race without the worry of f*****g our own cars up:racer:

With regards to brakes really don't think there's many options at all with the 6 pots and spoke to camskill this afternoon and they said they're out of stock of feds and r888's due to the earth quake in japan but looking at hancook rs2's and yoko ad8's any experiances with theses guys as camskill reckon anything up to 12 weeks on feds (which after reading a few reviews look perfect for what i want so very dissapointed)

Thanks for the advice guys

The DS2500 are dusty enough are the 3000s even worse? MY front wheels always look anthracite and my rear wheels silver :)

Not sure mate, haven't ever had ds2500s. They also squeak like a *****, I remember when we pulled upto Dover check in slot and everyone was giving me gyp. Although I do like the braking I wouldn't buy another set, as I dont drive it hard enough, often enough. Not taking it back to the ring either lol

I'm getting there lads! Next installment is next Saturday. hopefully get the most of it finished off then down at Andys, then will try to get some paint on it Sunday.

i WILL be ready for this trip.....

Fraid not matey! I'll be working on the car instead!

Pic for inspiration:

fe888208.jpg

I'm afraid it'll be on the way there dude! That way you don't get to find out how wierd I am until you're stuck with me for the weekend!

Sorry dude :( This cage, and gearbox death has thrown a right spanner in the works, I'll be surprised if the car is ready in time to be honest!

Not that it's optional.....

I'm afraid it'll be on the way there dude! That way you don't get to find out how wierd I am until you're stuck with me for the weekend!QUOTE]
:lmfao: I'm sure your not that bad?

Sorry to hear about your set back mate not going well all round mine developed a lovely missfire (sounds like a scooby) but on a plus side my AH fabs cooler arrived today but they've welded the outlet pipes and the mounting brackets facing the same way so a bit of cut and shut is required

Nah, I'm not that wierd, just hugely obsessed with my 8L, and anything to do with the nurburgring.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit of a geek for facts and figures, and have a brain like a sponge, so tend to take everything in and forget nothing :p

Oh, and I will ALWAYS fall asleep after 10 pints, as I'm sure you'll find out :D

I can't wait!

So excited already, and it's MILES away still

Oh feck. haha.don't say that!

Still, I guess I've not got THAT much to do I guess, hopefully the cage will be finished this week, then I'll just need to paint it, tighten the driveshaft bolts up, repair the gearbox thread in the dog bone mount, replace the thermostat, and give it a good testing!

Oh feck. haha.don't say that!

Still, I guess I've not got THAT much to do I guess, hopefully the cage will be finished this week, then I'll just need to paint it, tighten the driveshaft bolts up, repair the gearbox thread in the dog bone mount, replace the thermostat, and give it a good testing!

Mine needs brakes fitting, oil and filter change, haldex oil and filter change, then a good once over and i'm ready for action.

I'm affraid i might have to pull out after discovering one of my spark plugs has broken up (lost the tip and part of the ceramic) as ive now replaced all the plugs and 3 coilpacks and still got a misfire and a very lumpy engine

suspect the spark plug has created all kinds of damage about to do a compression test and am hoping for the best :sob:

I'm affraid i might have to pull out after discovering one of my spark plugs has broken up (lost the tip and part of the ceramic) as ive now replaced all the plugs and 3 coilpacks and still got a misfire and a very lumpy engine

suspect the spark plug has created all kinds of damage about to do a compression test and am hoping for the best :sob:

Well you've still got 5 weeks so hopefully nothing serious is wrong.

Definately not good done a compression test and results are as follows cylinder 1&3 none what so ever, cylinder 2 - 25psi and cylinder 3 - 58psi :faint:

So looks like my week off to prepare the car for the ring and finish it off has taken a foocking huge leep backwards :sob:

Ok so rods and bearings will be here mid next week followed buy a reconditioned head end of next but more likely mid the following week all at the aid of the magical badger performing a refurb ;)

Big rear brakes are on so that would just leave polybush the rear as front already done, full alignment and get the bigger ah on with custom pipes, then of coarse the map......

Looks a bit optimistic to get all done in time and work to pay for it as all the plastic has now melted :whistle2:

The race is on lol

Ok so rods and bearings will be here mid next week followed buy a reconditioned head end of next but more likely mid the following week all at the aid of the magical badger performing a refurb ;)

Big rear brakes are on so that would just leave polybush the rear as front already done, full alignment and get the bigger ah on with custom pipes, then of coarse the map......

Looks a bit optimistic to get all done in time and work to pay for it as all the plastic has now melted :whistle2:

The race is on lol

I'll be amazed if your car is ready for the Ring trip but good luck matey :applaus: