Slipping Clutch

blackwood

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have an A3 tdi quattro with 35k,I am now 7k into a re-map,great results but my clutch has started slipping badly when I accelerate.Has anyone else experienced this problem? and how do I rectify it? Have been quoted £600 for a new clutch (stealer won't entertain any kind of warranty claim),but am concerned that it'll be nacked again very quickly..
Any thoughts most apprciated..

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Wow!That sounds a good price,I've had a ring round some mates in the trade,and the cheapest I can get it done is £500!! the bits alone with vat are £300,and that's supposted to be trade prices..Where is Mr Clutch? I am near Scarborough in North Yorkshire.Is this a common problem do you think? or have I just been unlucky?
Thanks for your reply,very appreciated..

Cheers Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi All,
Just to let you know that QS Tuning are supplying me with an uprated clutch,so that I won't be doing it again in a year's time! Apparantly the A3 and A4 tdi with 6 speed box are very different!! (clutch wise)...

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hi All,
Just to let you know that the new clutch is installed,and I'm in love again!! QS Tuning were superb,the clutch plate is a racing type paddle clutch,and feels no different to the standard one to drive with,except it doesn't slip now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
Oh,and the one that came out looked like brand new!

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif