AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Allroad 2.5 TDi Oil Leak

Hi,

I was servicing my Allroad last night. When I removed the under tray, I noticed oil around the sump. It looked as though it could be coming from the sump gasket. Is this a common problem? The car has 134k miles on it.

The car doesn't use oil and is checked every couple of weeks. I can't remember the last time I had to top it up to be honest so it's not losing a considable amount . I also haven't noticed any oil under the car.

It's due for a cambelt in the next couple of weeks so I didn't bother putting 60 worth of oil and filter into it in case the garage that's doing the timimg belt decide that the sump or other seals need to be replaced.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    KenS

I've just been reading this thread...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...ase%20breather

...you may wish to take a look too before changing your seals, as it appears this may be the root-cause of the problem and if you replace one it may just cause another to blow somewhere else.
    2003 A6 Allroad 2.5 Tdi

Reverse Gear

Status
    check the breather system. They often clog up and can cause a blockage. This can make the crankcase overpressure and force oil out of funny places including the turbo. Checking the breather system is meant to be part of a service

see
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/diesel-forum/54242-replacing-crankcase-breather-2-5-v6-tdi-photos-description.html