need advise for Audi A4 2.5 TDI 180 V6 Tuning Box Chip Diesel Remap

samben

Reaction score
need advise about this tuning box for Audi A4 2.5 TDI 180 V6, my car is 8 years old and 102.000 miles on the clock, can I get better performance without course any problems. is anybody had any problems with this chip THANKS

Last edited:
I put a DPT tuning box on my 2.5TDi when it had 130k on it. The result is increased power, it helps to reduce the hole in the torque curve between 1500 and 1800rpm, and an extra 2-3 mpg. Win, win, win....

i have a dpt tuning box for sale in classifieds if your interested
under engine/exhaust

Swine you have a PM

Quick question while im here does the same box work for an auto as a manual car as mine is an auto 5 speed

Got the Box from Swine and it arrived today, managed to fit it in about 20 mins. Looking forward to seeing any changes in performance/MPG.

Do you have to wait while the ECU relearns anything or should it be an instant change?

Sorry was looking for something like this and was in the right place at the right time. if i see anything similar i will let you know.

only kidding bud, let us know how it goes. i'm still unsure about fitting a dpt to mine as it's done lots of miles:respekt:

So far seems good only done a 25 mile journey to work but it seemed to have more go lower down in the revs and nice n smooth power delivery.

Filled up the tank with Diesel last night so hopefully i will see a gain in MPG too.

Hi all.

Just a quick question.
VRBOB How is the DPT going ??
I'm thinking right now of buying a 2.5 V6 Quattro (2001). Whats the MPG like now? I'm told normally it about 32-34MPG non motorway. Does the chip make much difference?

Hi all.

Just a quick question.
VRBOB How is the DPT going ??
I'm thinking right now of buying a 2.5 V6 Quattro (2001). Whats the MPG like now? I'm told normally it about 32-34MPG non motorway. Does the chip make much difference?
Sorry VRBOB did not reply Iam his dad and can say he is happy with the box but still wants better mpg and thinks the pump timing is out and will be having this sorted by Chris when the belts are due soon.I also have a box on my 2.5TDI quattro manual and get about 34 urban and a lot more motorway its probably better by more than10% so as I only paid£100 on ebay its worth it but I dont think £350 new justfies it unless mileage is high or you want the performance boost which I am not so bothered about but still nice to have 210bhp etc

That's not allways true Martin ! Seriously, a good tuning box with TUV will work better than any "generic" remap, trust me on it ! And don't get me started on "custom" remaps ! A good remap might protect a automatic gearbox by limiting the torque at low revs wich are less likely to make the turbo spike so the box should not slip. On the other hand, the gt2052 turbo is quite lasy and will take time to spool hence the strain on the clutch/box isnt that hard. I would only do a remap or fit a chip on quattro models, the FWD are not strong enough to cope with the extra torque. Even the clutch/flywheel is different between them... Me old 150 Bhp quattro done 190 Bhp/370Nm on AMD rollers with just a PSI tuning box on it and the engine was at 175k when i have done the rolling road test...Stock engine with just a gt2052 turbo on it and very clean smoke free !

Thanks for the reply all :)

I went for the 1.9 130bhp in the end
Hoping to get some good MPG out of it

Just borrowed a T-Box to try on it (From HH-TECNIX)

Goes well i have to say. Although it does smoke a tad when you put your foot down and the engine seem louder. Also on tickover it seems to judder slightly.
MPG also seems to be better. I say seem as i have only just filled up with it on and the miles remaining seems very high.

Not sure if i am going to buy one for it or get a remap (im told i should go for one with a rolling road)

Any recomendations?