JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

need advise for Audi A4 2.5 TDI 180 V6 Tuning Box Chip Diesel Remap

need advise about this tuning box for Audi A4 2.5 TDI 180 V6, my car is 8 years old and 102.000 miles on the clock, can I get better performance without course any problems. is anybody had any problems with this chip THANKS
    Last edited by samben; 20th February 2010 at 13:50.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I put a DPT tuning box on my 2.5TDi when it had 130k on it. The result is increased power, it helps to reduce the hole in the torque curve between 1500 and 1800rpm, and an extra 2-3 mpg. Win, win, win....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    i have a dpt tuning box for sale in classifieds if your interested
    under engine/exhaust
    A4 1.8t 190 sport http://www.rpselectrical.ie

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Swine you have a PM

Quick question while im here does the same box work for an auto as a manual car as mine is an auto 5 speed
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

1st Gear

Status
    not sure about that to be honest, check out their website http://www.dieselpowertuning.co.uk/p...o.php?page=all didnt get your pm
    A4 1.8t 190 sport http://www.rpselectrical.ie

Status
    Got the Box from Swine and it arrived today, managed to fit it in about 20 mins. Looking forward to seeing any changes in performance/MPG.

Do you have to wait while the ECU relearns anything or should it be an instant change?
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2nd Gear

Status
    git i wanted that

Status
    Sorry was looking for something like this and was in the right place at the right time. if i see anything similar i will let you know.

2nd Gear

Status
    only kidding bud, let us know how it goes. i'm still unsure about fitting a dpt to mine as it's done lots of miles

Status
    So far seems good only done a 25 mile journey to work but it seemed to have more go lower down in the revs and nice n smooth power delivery.

Filled up the tank with Diesel last night so hopefully i will see a gain in MPG too.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi all.

Just a quick question.
    VRBOB How is the DPT going ??
    I'm thinking right now of buying a 2.5 V6 Quattro (2001). Whats the MPG like now? I'm told normally it about 32-34MPG non motorway. Does the chip make much difference?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottshere View Post
    Hi all.

Just a quick question.
    VRBOB How is the DPT going ??
    I'm thinking right now of buying a 2.5 V6 Quattro (2001). Whats the MPG like now? I'm told normally it about 32-34MPG non motorway. Does the chip make much difference?
    Sorry VRBOB did not reply Iam his dad and can say he is happy with the box but still wants better mpg and thinks the pump timing is out and will be having this sorted by Chris when the belts are due soon.I also have a box on my 2.5TDI quattro manual and get about 34 urban and a lot more motorway its probably better by more than10% so as I only paid100 on ebay its worth it but I dont think 350 new justfies it unless mileage is high or you want the performance boost which I am not so bothered about but still nice to have 210bhp etc

Status
    You could get a remap for 350 which will be better than a box
    2001 A6 Avant 2.5TDi quattro Sport 180hp+TurboDynamics MD438 hybrid+Bosio Race683s+3" exhaust+Celtic Tuning remap - now with adamss24 replaced with runabout
    2007 BMW 535d AM Sport + Celtic remap
    2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip - sold & replaced by
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T
    1988 Yamaha FJ1200 120hp finally traded after 23 years for
    1986 Yamaha FJ100 (1300 barrels shhh!) with too many bits to mention
    2011 BMW 320d M Sport son #1
    2004 Suzuki SV650 S son #2

6th Gear

Status
    That's not allways true Martin ! Seriously, a good tuning box with TUV will work better than any "generic" remap, trust me on it ! And don't get me started on "custom" remaps ! A good remap might protect a automatic gearbox by limiting the torque at low revs wich are less likely to make the turbo spike so the box should not slip. On the other hand, the gt2052 turbo is quite lasy and will take time to spool hence the strain on the clutch/box isnt that hard. I would only do a remap or fit a chip on quattro models, the FWD are not strong enough to cope with the extra torque. Even the clutch/flywheel is different between them... Me old 150 Bhp quattro done 190 Bhp/370Nm on AMD rollers with just a PSI tuning box on it and the engine was at 175k when i have done the rolling road test...Stock engine with just a gt2052 turbo on it and very clean smoke free !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status

T-box

Thanks for the reply all

I went for the 1.9 130bhp in the end
    Hoping to get some good MPG out of it

Just borrowed a T-Box to try on it (From HH-TECNIX)

Goes well i have to say. Although it does smoke a tad when you put your foot down and the engine seem louder. Also on tickover it seems to judder slightly.
    MPG also seems to be better. I say seem as i have only just filled up with it on and the miles remaining seems very high.

Not sure if i am going to buy one for it or get a remap (im told i should go for one with a rolling road)

Any recomendations?