BMW 330D V 130PD

DMitch

Reaction score
That 3 l engine is blisteringly quick, was shooting between roundabouts (all within the speed limits of course i.e. < 60) and ended up with the 330D on my left down a stretch of dual carriageway, was using the torque band but to no avail it just pulled away. It was like he was toying with me accelerating about the same pace at first, then he changes his mind puts the foot down and leaves, and I was trying. I wonder was there a delay on his turbo kicking in or was he just messing around.

Not a shock I suppose given there 180bhp and silly amounts of torque, but has anyone taken one on who has a chipped 130, if so how does the story end?

Dont try it.
The 330d is stupidly quick. Faster than the 328i and with more torque than you can shake a stick at!
I had the pleasure of playing with one of a dealers stock recently. OMG quick.
Cmon Audi give a similar engine to your customers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The one stat I always remember about the 330d is that it is faster from 50-70 in 5th than a Porsche 911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Don't feel too bad about getting your *** kicked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Christian

[ QUOTE ]
the 330d is that it is faster from 50-70 in 5th than a Porsche 911

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point, but if I was in the Porsche I would change down to 4th or 3rd and anihilate the 330d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

If you were in the Porsche you wouldnt care what the 330d did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good point, but if I was in the Porsche I would change down to 4th or 3rd and anihilate the 330d

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly but it's a good stat to throw into conversation down the pub, if you happen to drive a 330d that is or if you've been whooped by one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Christian

Roadrunner

where did you get a testdrive? tell me more! my dealer was very unhelpful and didn't have any idea when they would be getting the cd in.

also I heard that they wouldn't be going on sale for another 12 months. seems like a long time to wait....

neil

how much tourqe does the 330d have - given the new 2.0TDI has 320, and more when ABT chipped (like 360) does this new A3 give this comparitivly more expensive (and nice car for it) a run for its money?

No - a 320D is probably fairer game - 150bhp and 238lbs/ft as opposed to 186 and 285 on the 330.
Having said that, I'm hopefully having my 320 re-mapped in January - so realistically looking at 180+bhp and 280+lb/ft. And that's in a car 110kg LIGHTER than the 330!!
Should be interesting in a straight head-to-head with a 330.