115 Service schedule

I

imported_dumpvalve

Anybody know when the timing belt should be changed on a 115BHP B5 A4(2000)?

Thanks in advance.

Good question. It's actually a car my dad's looking at buying; ex company-car. It goes back to the company tomorrow so we might not manage to get the code. I had a drive today and it feels pretty tight, as you'd expect from a 2000 car. The reason I ask is that I've just had my 1.8T B5 in for the timng belt at 68k, just as a precaution, and it turned out that the tensioner had seized! So my dad is obviously concerned about when Audi say it should be done, and when the company actually had it done last etc etc. If I can find out the code I'll let you know. He did speak to Audi, and they told him 60k on a 115, but Audi also say 75k on a 1.8T, so I think you see my point.

Cheers.

if your buying a new car its best too change it anyway reguardless of mileage.

there are two 115bhp engines ajm and atj on autodata and they both say change at 56k the tensioner must be changed as well

Drew,

I have a sticker on the underside of the Bonnet that gives the timing belt replacement mileage. I have a 1998 a4, they might have continued this on the later models?

Jim.

I was told my a vw dealer that any 115Tdi registered before may 2000 was on 40'000 mile timing belt replacment and any after may 2000 was 60'000 .But if your unsure of when it was last changed,for piece of mind change it now as it will only cost £250 which compared to an engine rebuild sounds quite cheap.