Chris NottBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Talking 2.5 TDI V6 Injector Removal - Help Please!

Hi,
    Could anyone advise me how to remove injector number 3 (the one with the sensor)?

I have the rocker cover off and the clamp with the 2 bolts removed, but the thing just wont move!!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Rob.

Managed to remove the injectorm, Knocked up a DIY Slid hammer, then gradually got the thing out. There is no way pulling would have got it out on it's own.
    Last edited by Magnet; 31st January 2010 at 18:28. Reason: Problem solved

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi, are you replacing the injector with a new one, if so how much was it and where from, mines bringing an Intermittent fault code up for this injector and could do with changing it.

Cheers J
    Last edited by Jimbo.King; 1st February 2010 at 01:09.

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

It's a brand new unit, bought from Audi UK... It was 336 (inc. VAT).

A lot I know, but comes with a 2 year warranty...

Rob

1st Gear

Status
    Did you have any symptoms due to this being faulty,

Mine seems to be running fine with no power loss but the engine sounds abit more diesel rappy / noisey sometimes.

Jim

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It definitely wasn't running right...

If I drove it hard, accelerating through the gears backed off and tried to accelerate again (put it under load) there was a massive hesitation and I would have to engage the clutch, let the revs drop and then re-engage the gear, this would cure the hesitation.

I believe this worked because when the sensor in the injector isn't working the engine relies on the knock sensor which identifies TDC... so when the revs drop its easier for the engine to get the timing back and the miss-fire is less intense.... well that what I think.....

Before the injector was replaced the car ran fine at low speeds say up to 40 - 50 mph and was lumpy in 6th at 2000 rpm, just when the load /torque was kicking in...

Now I would say its improved massively under load and at motorway speed, but I think I still have issues, one of my lifters, rocker was missing, I found it, but I now have a cylinder which isn't receiving the correct amount of air...