Strange loss of power A3 Tdi

shaz A3 Tdi

Reaction score
Hi ppl got a new problem can anyone give some advice pls!!! My cars acting strange will be fine most of the time but if i put my foot down a little hard the car will go into limp mode. I'd have to pull over and restart engine and then it'll be fine. the problem happens randomly some times at 30mph sometimes 70mph.

checked it on the vag com it can up with a pressure error some thing to do with pressure build up im not sure my mate did it for me as he dont trust a girl with his toys!!!!:jester:

got told i need a new actuator but i cant get hold of one and would that even be the problem fix?????

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

its a 2000 a3 tdi (AGR)

If you have access to VCDS get on the road and while accelerating you collect real time parameters.

Do you have someone who knows about tdi diagnostics?

Where about are you from?

Cheers etronic

sorry im new to this what do you mean dynamic logs????

thanks

Diagnostic logs, you need to get someone or buy the kit to scan the car to see if its most likely a boost issue, could very well be a caked up turbo with overboost issues, one of a number of things could be, get it scanned, check my sig link for users willing to help in your area, then come back & post your logs on here.

If you have access to VCDS get on the road and while accelerating you collect real time parameters.

Do you have someone who knows about tdi diagnostics?

Where about are you from?

Thanks etronic i know a guy thats know a little ill see if can run some diagnostics, im from west london near heathrow

cheers