Diesel Particle Filter?

Dazmo

Reaction score
Diesel particle filter- is there any way of knowing if my car has one of these or not?

I have looked through the options list but nothing is listed.

Any know?

Hi Dazmo,

If you have the handbook it will have a small section on the DPF itself.
In my research, having a A3 2006 (56 Reg) 170 Tdi, I was informed by numerous people (here!) that my car did not have a DPF......but it has!

My understanding is...anything on a 55 Reg may have the DPF, Anything on a '06 and up will most likly have a DPF.

Reports on this are quite wild but this is what I have found out so far.

(I only found out when I had a flat battery? The in dash display flashed the filter DPF icon and I shat myself! £1200+ fix)

I hope this helps???

Hi Dazmo,

If you have the handbook it will have a small section on the DPF itself.
In my research, having a A3 2006 (56 Reg) 170 Tdi, I was informed by numerous people (here!) that my car did not have a DPF......but it has!

My understanding is...anything on a 55 Reg may have the DPF, Anything on a '06 and up will most likly have a DPF.

Reports on this are quite wild but this is what I have found out so far.

(I only found out when I had a flat battery? The in dash display flashed the filter DPF icon and I shat myself! £1200+ fix)

I hope this helps???
In regards of an A3 all PD170 and newer common rail 140 and 170 PPD engines have a DPF. PD140 engines up to 2006 will not have a DPF and most where never built with any that came to England as it was an extra on English cars but built into a lot of Europian cars.

@Indie_DSG If your car is pre 2006 it probably hasn`t but 2006 and older do. Any car with a DPF will have a DPF light on the dash to show you when it is in regen mode or just look in the manual.

Last edited: