Power loss ! A4TDI

• Thread starter imported_alunjenkins
  • Start date
I

imported_alunjenkins

I have recently purchased a 1998 A4 1.9 TDI.This car has been laid up for 9 months prior to my purchase. I now have the vehicle running only to find that the car has no power at all. In fact will not exceed 30 miles per hour! Engine sounds well, starts well, with no apparent problems. Any suggestions?

recommend new air mass meter as this is the most common fault, however you may find rats have eaten through your n75 boost valve, disconnect your air mass meter and see if it makes any difference, you may find it will go faster but performance will still be crap, luckily they do a an exchange air mass meter if it ends up to be that, so if you do need one they can supply you with one

did you perhaps change the air filter and fogot to plug the MAFsensor back in again?

Hope your luckier than I was recently when this happened to my wife 1.9TDi A6 Avant. Car would not rev above 3200 rpm, fault code showed duff air mass meter, swapped that out, still no good, swapped for another and still no good.

Eventually traced to a siezed turbo.

Not to my knowledge no, regularly serviced. Went at approx 101K miles, along with a large portion of cash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif