Engine Noise on Acceleration

dinothetiger

Reaction score
2007 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi S-Stronic, 36,000 miles

hi Guys,

i'm having issues with my Audi A3 DSG, i'm getting a kangaroo effect from the gearbox, namely between gears 1,2 and 3. This i'm putting down to gearbox issues which i believe will either need a new gearbox or flywheel - according to the posts on the forum.

However aside from this, i'm also getting alot of drone and engine noise on acceleration which is not present in other Audi DSG's i've driven. Could anyone point me in the right direction to what this could be or parts i might want to check?

Many Thanks

:meeting:

Further to the issues i've described above, what actually happening under acceleration, is i'm pressing the accelerator alittle, and nothing seems to respond, so i press it alittle further, and i think somehow nothing happens, until all of a sudden with a jerk the car suddenly realises acceleration is needed. Its like it has a mind of its own, which makes driving so much more difficult.

At the moment, thinking it could be; faulty mechantronic unit, faulty flywheel, faulty MAF.

any comments on this are welcome.... thanks

:icon_thumright:

hi, it seems the engine grommets for the top cover(plastic) of the engine has broken and had to be replaced.

The engine now doesnt sound so bad.:music: