Audi 80 1.9 TDI Loss Of Power Stuttering

StompOn

Reaction score
my first post was hoping someone could help its me seems to idle stuttery but othertimes idles fine and loose's power at around 3-4k when in 5th soon as it hits 80mph it seems to loose all go n wont accelerate at all sometimes the throttle will stay on when ive taken my foot of for a second or 2....im no mechanic im thinking maybe throttle position senser or somthing along those line but i really have no clue any help would be great thanks

Sounds like the car is going into Limp Mode.
Loss of all boost until the engine is re-started.

Worth checking -
MAF sensor connections.
N75 valve
Vacume pipes of leaks

If you know anyone with VAG.COM software they might be able to run a diag to see if the ecu has picked up anything.

Hope this helps.
Jim.

I should have read you post better.
You might be correct with the throttle sensor. Although I would have thought it would have done the same thing throughout the rev range in all gears.
If you can strip the sensor down you might be able to clean it instead of replacing.

i dont a fuel filter change yesterday and put a load of forte in the filter itself n then topped up with disel but takin the old filter of it seems theres hardly and disel in the filter it self which would lead me to think maybe the fuel pump is clogged up or just dyin out....as for the sensor only part i been able to get my hands on to replace it is 046907475F and i need 046907475B which is the earlyer one as the F is from the 95 onwards models and would work does this sound right? the judderin seems to appen wen on low revs goin along if ya go from a standing start thru the gears accelerating to get up to speed it wont judder at all? soon as u take ya foot of the pedel and back on theres a judder for a bit then it goes but always runs out of puff in the higher gears at about 4k. so theres a bit more indepth about the problem maybe this can help define wat the problem is? or maybe someone could conferm my thoughts of it being the disel pumps thats at fault. thanks for the reply :salute:

anyone know the part number to the N75 valve on my car is the pre 1995 one as i know they changed some of the sensor after that cus i was looking at it today and it was covered in black oil? and one of the pipes was loose i cleaned it off and put a jublie clip on the loose hose aswell but hasnt made no diffrent so im thinking i just aswell replace it and go from there? im worried about there being lots of oil over it tho any idea why tha would be? the car dosnt smoke at all so it confuse's me sorry for all these questions but 1st time working with a car with so many sensors and diffrent part numbers for the same bit lol

yea im on there but can seem to find this N75 valve does it have another name or anything?

the 2 areas id of thought id would be in lists nothing unless im missing somthing area one
131160.png

area 2
145350.png

Help Anyone? :think:

It's number 1 in the first diagram you've pasted in...
BASIC GERMAN PRICELIST
part number 028131501B
PartnumberTitlePrice028131501BVENTIL259 Euro

Right, I'm not sure it's entirely the same but...it sounds like a problem I had with my car.. I'll try to find the link

thanks mate thats been a great help as thats the part im wanting to replace but the one looks more like the one on ur diagram not the one you pointed out on mine i thought they was called an N75 valve either way found one on that gsf but wana get the audi part number as i seen one in a local scrappy i was gona try 1st

sorry if im gona look stupid her but would anyone be able to tell me if mine is FOR VEHICLES WITH / CHARGE AIR COOLER or without? thanks:uhm:

dont worry about the last question i got the answer i hope that it is the pressure converter at fault will soon find out...found out they used the same part on the A4 same part number etc and there £59 on that GSF but gona try the 2 i managed to get my hands on and if no avail go for a new one wish me luck i will keep it updated

Cool man. Good luck, it great when you get a fix, even better if it's mostly diagnosed and sorted by yourself. I think the N75 is an equivelant sensor only found on petrol cars although I am prepared to get shot down in flames for this.
Incidently, charged air cooler is another term for the intercooler, only to be found on tdi cars, or turbo cars, although I expect you know this by know.
Let us know how you get on mate!

was surjested below about an N75 so thats what i had to go on so not sure if audi just call it something else cus what i know as a throttle position sensor they call an accelerator sender so lol..first time having a diesel or a turbo so havin to learn quick bit diff to the N/A twin cammed cars ive had b4 which is a good thing

saw this on another forum while researching around google has anyone else heard of this or know if its true
''The hunting idle and juddering can be cured on the later cars by cutting the vehicle speed sensor wire to the ECU. It is not the ideal solution but unless you have cruise control it won't make any difference to it.''

my first post was hoping someone could help its me seems to idle stuttery but othertimes idles fine and loose's power at around 3-4k when in 5th soon as it hits 80mph it seems to loose all go n wont accelerate at all sometimes the throttle will stay on when ive taken my foot of for a second or 2....im no mechanic im thinking maybe throttle position senser or somthing along those line but i really have no clue any help would be great thanks
:blackrs4:
my a3 i.9 tdi had a similar fault it was fine until 80 mph then a sudden loss of power, if you read the maintenance section of the tdi forum. it suggests there is a carbon build up in the EGR valve and inlet manifold this is restricting air flow to the engine. these parts need to be stripped off the engine soaked in paint thinners and power washed a awfull job you'lll struggle to find anyone to do it

my a3 1.9 tdi got the same problem power loss on first start if i turn it off and restart after its done it its fine changed airflow sensor and tc wastegate relay with no change then had a full service no change doing my head in cant sorce the fault had a read out done and there was no error found its a x reg 1.9tdi 110bhp somettimes lol what and were is this part you saying to clean egr vaulve ? if that is the fault why wene you turn the car off and restart does it cure the problem