emission warning light! any ideas.

jonny flares

Reaction score
Hi guy's, thanks for reading, i've got a (hopefully) little problem with my A3 03 2.0 tdi the Emission Control System warning light comes on and stays on but i cant notice any difference in performance even when accelerating hard, has anyone had this happen to them or got any ideas how to repair it or do i have to take it in to a garage. thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Just thought i'd update this so if anyone has the same problem they can read this and hopefully it might help you.

After taking the car to a local independent garage and having them clear any fault codes, we decided to replace (what the mechanic called) the throttle valve, after a little research i think it's called a Intake Manifold Flap, but just so you know what i'm talking about it was a silver thing fitted to the front of the engine under the plastic cover, anyway, drove it out of the garage after parting with the best part of £400 and it seemed to do the job until the next day when the warning light came back on !!!!!!!!!!!! as you can guess i was not happy so went back and asked him to check his work, which he did, after which he found a fault with the part so he replaced it under the part warranty and you'll be pleased to know i have been driving around with no problems.

I hope this gives anyone else with the same problem an idea of what the fault could be. Quite an expensive part even though the car didn’t feel any different and just to remove the warning light!

HMM, My emissions light has come on to night. Also saying it has no fuel.
Im getting Audi to come out in morning, So i might able to help.
:crying:

Nope mine was F**ked up by east kent audi.
I asked them to take off the automatic locking then the car go's over 10 MPH.
They changed the wrong numbers, Causing emissions light to come on