new and need helpalready

steviequattro

Reaction score
hi all,just bought my first audi,is a 2001 a4tdi 2.5quattro.its some machine the problem is whilst driving earlier today for no reason at all the interior lights and hazards came on,the hazards i turned off but the interior lights only switch off if the interior switch is set to off or 0 if that makes any sence,anyway all advice would be appreciated lots many thanx

b5 or b6 model? probably have more luck posting in model forum rather than diesel forum, but i would check for water in battery compartment as drainage holes can get blocked and it can flood into passenger compartment and get into conveniance modules located under carpet, or on earlier b5 models check central locking pump in boot for water damage as hazards and lights are linked through that

just had car valleted so that sounds very likely,thanks very much also how and whats the differance b5 and b6

I had similar issue, on C5 A6, passenger footwell under carpet was soaking, this is where ECU is and was effecting locking and lights etc, was leaking from poor windscreen scuttle seal leaking in to pollen filter intake and in to foot well.

will this dry out over time and work properly or will i have to reolace or repair something and

will this dry out over time and work properly or will i have to reolace or repair something and its a b6 model

Look for a puddle of water around the battery compartment. There's a drain hole in there and behind the brake servo. Make sure these are clear otherwise you will have probelms..

will this dry out over time and work properly or will i have to reolace or repair something and its a b6 model

You will need to take the seat out and some trim and raise the carpet to soak up any water as the inner and outer carpet is sealed by a membrane so it will not evaporate, nither water spillage inside can drain through.

It's surprising how much water it will absorb!