Issue starting

dirk technic

Reaction score
Hi,

My A4 avant TDI 130 has decided that sometimes when its cold it does not like to start first time (is kept in the garage overnight) when it does fire it runs rough for a few seconds then its fine. Its been back to the dealer today (under warranty) and they say there is nothing wrong with it. Has anyone else experienced this problem??? :unsure:

Cheers,

have you tried the glow plugs. My friend has had this problem, where it has trouble starting from cold, and then runs fine for the rest of the day. Had a look at them, and they were knackered. It's worth looking at, as they aren't that expensive to replace

Well its gona back to dealer as its still under warranty, they said if it was a fault with the glow plugs it would show them a fault code which it did not.....:wtf:. They gonna check it again in the morning, fingers crossed it wont start :think:

UPDATE - Dealer called me to say that when they tried it this morning it did what I said, diagnosis faulty glow plug or plugs :thumbsup:, fortunately this is covered by my extended warrant :moa:, but did say that it would have cost £275 to supply and fit 4 glow plugs (which are £12-£13 each :sign_omg:)