JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

98 A4 110 NO boost? Cheers

Hi been a member on here for a while. And now my beloved 98 Audi tdi 110 is running poorly lol.
    It starts and drives OK, but theres no boost. The cars suddenly flat as a pan cake! I was driving along then stopped at some traffic lights then it was flat no Turque at all sob sob. Please suggest something to look at first as I love my Audi.
    Is my first stop the MAF if there's no boost?
    Cheers
    My Derv get 2 work car = Audi A4 Avant110bhp TDISE-Jamex Springs-RS4 Replica wheels-S4 Mirrors-plug in chip 130bhp-sh. RS4Grill,Angel eyes, **** loads spent 2 keep her mech like new! Could have easily bought a bloody B6 by now lol. I love my A4 does everything well
    My toy car=Golf mk4 GTI 1.8t, R-Teck 210bhp, 312mm brake upgrade, Jamex suspension, Forge DV,Silicone Boost set, TIP, VR6 cutch/ G60 Flywheel, Eibach Front+Rear ARB's, Full Recaro heated leather.Anni bits,

2. # ADS
    ADS

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    yup. car's gone into limp mode. replace MAF sensor.
    Izzy

Bora TDI sport
    Audi A4 TDI

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy1 View Post
    yup. car's gone into limp mode. replace MAF sensor.
    Thanks buddy, my babys going into the garage tomorrow as I sweet talked them to trying the MAF before trying to replace the turbo etc.
    I'll let you konw how it get on tomorrow, hope it works as I love my dervie, got a 230bhp golf gti and still love the way my TDI goes when she's workin right.
    My Derv get 2 work car = Audi A4 Avant110bhp TDISE-Jamex Springs-RS4 Replica wheels-S4 Mirrors-plug in chip 130bhp-sh. RS4Grill,Angel eyes, **** loads spent 2 keep her mech like new! Could have easily bought a bloody B6 by now lol. I love my A4 does everything well
    My toy car=Golf mk4 GTI 1.8t, R-Teck 210bhp, 312mm brake upgrade, Jamex suspension, Forge DV,Silicone Boost set, TIP, VR6 cutch/ G60 Flywheel, Eibach Front+Rear ARB's, Full Recaro heated leather.Anni bits,

1st Gear

Status
    if you need a turbo ,ive got one ,only done 6000 miles since i bought it from garret

1st Gear

Status
    pm'd you bud Ta

1st Gear

Status
    didnt get the pm ,, my email address is t2myd@hotmail.co.uk

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    redevo,

i see you have a plug in chip. i've sent you a PM.

what chip is it, where did you get it from and how much?

i need to up the power on my TDI.
    Izzy

Bora TDI sport
    Audi A4 TDI

1st Gear

Status
    Just an ebay jobbie from germany cost me about 90 about 2 years ago.I'll have alook if I can find the link bud

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    cheers,

can you feel the difference in power with the chip on? also how is it on fuel after chip fitted?
    Izzy

Bora TDI sport
    Audi A4 TDI

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy1 View Post
    cheers,

can you feel the difference in power with the chip on? also how is it on fuel after chip fitted?

Hi sorry for he late reply, the fuel mpg if anything got slighty better, I could feel the difference with the plug around the 50-80mph over taking etc.
    Would love to try a proper remap just to see if there any better tho? But the with spending cash on my GTI the wife would kill me!

1st Gear

Status
    Was it the MAF causing the problem in the end?
    2001 Audi A4 2.5 TDi quattro Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Ah sorry for the late reply, turn out to be a valve that controls the acutator. The N75 valve?