fault code 16618

khalil

Reaction score
hi the Emission control light on in my 2.0tdi, its a 2004 year, i had it serviced by audi a week and half ago, does anyone know what it can be, its done 53k on the clock

just been to my local garage, they pluged in there hand held dianogtic system and 2 faults came up one was a electric fault in cylender 2 (glow plug) which i was aware of as audi dealers told me when i serviced it and the second one was code 16618 Boost Pressure Regulation: Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition) something which i was told ,anyone got views on it, he checked for loose connection found 1 with the air fitler pipe the one that goes in the engine, that was not put on correctly,and he also found that one of the pipes was worn thin by rubbing against the engine cover, oh and he resetted the fault, and said if it comes back on come back, so if he has resetted the fault if something is wrong will the Emission control light come back on?

has anyone else had this fault code 16618

16618/P0234/000564 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition)

Possible Symptoms
  • Boost pressure too high
  • Reduced power output
Possible Causes
  • Hoses incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
  • Malfunction N75
Possible Solutions
  • Check charge pressure control
  • Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)