air filter or induction kit??.

DAF

Reaction score
Hope some kind person can help. I've got A A3 TDI 130bhp with A ECU mod from dragon performance the digital type. But what is better using a HKS panel filter or a induction kit?. Cheers All /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks for all your idea guys and girls.

Hi firestorm, it only takes a about 10 mins to fit to the ECU wireing connector. There is a set of jumpers mine is on the highest setting it should be about 160/170bhp but i cant be sure but you can tell the difference. Before when on the motorway in 6th gear i had to change down to 5th or even 4th to get it to go now just put my foot down and off she goes. when the car is out of warranty ill get a proper chip fitted but until then ill stick with the plug in unit. if you get one from dragon a nice chap called Ade will sort you out, but go on e-bay and they sell them on there alittle cheaper get the digatal tunit box its much better and worth the extra cash i payed £200. hope that helps mate.

I've just fitted mine - a real pita to get to the connector, as it is very close to the bulkhead and I've got fat fingers. Managed it in the end though. I've got the thing wrapped in neoprene to stop it getting messed up, hope it doesn't get too hot.

Where did you put the box ? I've got mine in front of the brake distributor/abs unit, but thats a temporary location, till I find somewhere better. I'd like to put it next to the battery underneath the plastic cover, but I don't fancy making holes in my car ...

I had it on seting 4, not impressed, I've changed it to the max position and try it again in the morning, too late now. I'll reserve final judgement till I've had it on the max setting for at least a tank full. I'd go for the Jabba custom serial port remap if it wasn't in warranty.

firestorm

2002 A4 TDI 130 ish