Just brought 53 A3 2.0 tdi sport

jonny flares

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wont to say hi and share the news that i've just brought my first Audi. :yahoo:

Being new to Audi i was wondering if i could throw a few questions at you lot, some may sound a little basic but you have to understand it's the first one i've owned and and all these warning and indicator lamps are making me think all is not so well ..... or i may just be reading and taking the owner's manual a little too seriously

first question is about the Emission Control System lamp, when i start the car it come's on , stay's lit for about 2 or 3 sec's then turns off!!!!
i've read in the that if it come's on to contact an Audi workshop to have the "possible" fault rectified so i was just wondering if everyone see's this light when starting their engines?.. i know it may be nothing but just thought i'd ask.

i'll leave it there for now as everything else about the car is mint.... will post photo's and tell you more about my baby later ..lol..

its normal, relax fella & also welcome

if the light stays on then ye its an issue

thanks nigel, pwhoo relaxed now..lol.. nice car by the way gona, clean mine and put on some pic's, once again cheers mate:laugh:

no worries fella, be even nicer in a week or more, S3 kit going on & new bixenon adaptives when I can find them, lol