a4 tdi

t2myd

Reaction score
:hubbahubba::keule:audi a4 tdi ,110 afn 1998..had a couple of prolems with car sorted them ,took car for run yesterday ,bit smokey.then when parked up full revs stuck on ,i tried turning off with key ,nothing happend loads of smoke does anyone have a idea ?

unlikely that its the fuel pump cut off as this not working would just mean you idled for ever.
So you need to think that engine oil is also a fuel that will run a diesel engine and in a uncontrolled quantity will rev it off the scale until the oil is gone or something breaks.

So oil can get in via turbo bearing failure and then oil forced in via the inlet.
Piston ring failure.
valve stem oil seal failure

My money is on turbo bearing failure (as these are oil cooled)
followed by valve stem oil seal.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

its a new turbo 2 half years ago ,cars done roughley 6000 miles since being fitted .cars runs realy good ,bit of smoke when ticking over ,but smells of fuel .i took injector out and noticed it was well worn/off shape on turning engine over you can hear a hissing noise coming from side of injector,audi mechanic said it could cause the injector to not work /put too much diesle in ,then dump unburnt fuel int the exsaust /what would make it do what it does

Yes that could do it as well as the unburnt fuel would go back into the air intake via the exhaust gas recirculation.
Sounds like you have diagnosed it.