Revo A4 Judder???

alancolledge

Reaction score
1st post so hello to you all!

I have had the above for nearly 2 years. I had it revoed last year but for some time I have noticed that in higher gears when I accelerate hard there is a noticable judder just before 2000rpm.
Almost feels like the clutch is scrabbling for grip!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

When I switch it off there is no sign of this happening. And it is only in higher gears, say in 4th from 30mph. If I accelerate in 1st 2nd and through the gears it is not noticable.

I know I should go and see them again but before I do does anyone else have this problem?

If it's the clutch then it sounds like clutch slip to me...nothing really you can do unless you wanna buy a better clutch!

put car in 5th at a low speed the floor the acelerator. if the clutch is slipping then the revs will pick up while the speed stays constant. then the worse the clutch gets the more slip u will get in lower gears.

(i.e. it will then slip in 4th then 3rd etc)

I spoke to Revo today and explained the situation. I didn't get the chaps name but he went away for a minute and confirmed that they were aware of the problem but it is nothing to do with the software. Apparently it is to do with the flywheel type and as more power and torque is coming through it goes 'out of balance' at this particular engine speed causing the judder I can feel.

He suggested that I should drop a gear down to produce a smoother drive! Apart from this there is nothing they could do.

Any thoughts from more technical minded (than me!) forum members?