Engine shake

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Update on my V6

Audi have rebuilt the car with new cams x4 and lifters, and its still running rough, there is engine shake, So they have stripped it all back down again and re done it, they could not see any fauilt on the strip down of the re build, so they have started to re build it all again, new water pump thermostate cam belt and other belts all changed,

So i have a good old chat with the Tech guys, i handed them another fuel pump i had tucked away (without the service manager seeing) as it was all stripped back to the point that to do the fuel pump then now was the time, 4 bolt only, and job done, (keep that to yourself Calvin)

So as i sat here typing i hope the guys have almost rebuilt most of the car, ready for a test run tomorrow afternoon'ish,

The tech guys did show signs of concern of the flywheel, wht the flywheel, well the V6 is know for leaking the oil out of that area of box causing the flywheel to get too get damaged and warp, they did have a peep at it but failed to see any leaks or signs of leaks, but if that is causing the engine to shake then its gear box off and new clutch plat and flywheel thing, £700 for the part, ouch!

The egr valve issue is still there, plug it in and there car is flat as ****, unplug it and off you go!

Im off to cry in my cup of tea:sorry:

Stupid question but if they've had the top end totally to pieces have they thoroughly decoked all of the intake manifold and egr with associated pipes and flushed all of the crud out? If the egr is now sparkly clean and moving freely but still not working then either its broken or there are leaky/split hoses in the system that operates it.
When i made the idiot mistake of putting petrol (BP petrol hoses being black) in without realising, the timing was double checked and minutely adjusted to see if that was causing the rough running. After we'd sussed the petrol problem and were running again the engine was a lot smoother. So another stupid question have they got the timing right?
And final stupid question have the fuel filters been changed?
Hope you get it sorted, keep us posted

fjtwelve said:
Stupid question but if they've had the top end totally to pieces have they thoroughly decoked all of the intake manifold and egr with associated pipes and flushed all of the crud out?
i feel they only went down as far as the cam followers

If the egr is now sparkly clean and moving freely but still not working then either its broken or there are leaky/split hoses in the system that operates it.
the hoses are next on my hit list

When i made the idiot mistake of putting petrol (BP petrol hoses being black) in without realising, the timing was double checked and minutely adjusted to see if that was causing the rough running. After we'd sussed the petrol problem and were running again the engine was a lot smoother. So another stupid question have they got the timing right? i would think so as its been stripped, built and re built by 2 audi tech guys,

And final stupid question have the fuel filters been changed? yes
Hope you get it sorted, keep us posted

i will do for sure.

UpDate

Well its back from uuuu and i can report back its all ****** great,

the cars was smoking because a solinoid was broken, the solinoid was located just infront of the power steering resvire under the plastic cover front right hand side of the engine bay, cost £60 for the part,

The Engine is now reading 90 rather than the 70 mk, not sure why that has improved but it may have been the new thermostat or water pump

The Engine is now ticking over at the correct RPM, it is not shaking, in fact you can site a glass of water on the engine cover without spilling any,

So heres the new parts line up
4 new cams and follwers
new solinoid
new clutch
new duel mass flywheel + bolts and
Fuel Pump (2nd hand that i gave them to try)
thermostat
waterpump
all the belts + tentioners

more later when time is on my side