My ongoing fuel test A4 130TDI

Andy D

Reaction score
I've been doing a mpg test sith various fuels and millers sport additive.

My car is a completely standard 130bhp A4 Sport (6), tyre pressures 34psi all round

For anyone who's interested I though it might be good to pass on my results so far.

Fuel type/miles acheived/range left/millers additive

Tesco - / 530/ 45 range/ millers
BP Ultimate - / 578/ 35 range/ millers
Shell extra - / 510/ 100 range/ no millers
shell v-power / 577/ 45 range/ no millers

now testing V-Power with millers added!

Doesn't suprise me to see tesco's with the lowest figues there! The others are about the same. Be interesting to see other figures. Good going!

Ive been using Millers on my A4, its good stuff! Stopped her leaving a grey smoke screen under heavy acceleration, makes you laugh as Audi didnt know how to cure it!

Have you tried Sainsburys Diesel Andy, sometimes its very good but others average, way better than Tesco however

Mr_Sixx said:
Ive been using Millers on my A4, its good stuff! Stopped her leaving a grey smoke screen under heavy acceleration, makes you laugh as Audi didnt know how to cure it!

Have you tried Sainsburys Diesel Andy, sometimes its very good but others average, way better than Tesco however

I don't think there are amy Sainsburys fuel outlets anywhere within at least 50 miles of me possibly a lot more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the V=Power + Millers result, looks like it may be the best result of them all.

The performance feels very good and it's feeling very responsive, I'm glad I've gave it a go!

Personally I'd stick with Shell extra and try Millers. The range between the two Shell fuels is basically the same so save some pennies and use the standard stuff.

newest update on fuel test 21/01/08

I've been doing a mpg test sith various fuels and millers sport additive.

My car is a completely standard 130bhp A4 Sport (6), tyre pressures 34psi all round

For anyone who's interested I though it might be good to pass on my results so far.

Fuel type/miles acheived/range left/millers additive

Tesco - / 530/ 45 range/ millers, total per tank....................575
BP Ultimate - / 578/ 35 range/ millers, total per tank.............613
Shell extra - / 510/ 100 range/ no millers, total per tank........610
shell v-power / 577/ 45 range/ no millers, total per tank........622
shell V-Power/586/50 range/ millers added, total per tank......636

now testing with plain Esso with millers added